20. Hogwarts Hit List - Must be magic.

Must be Magic

Chapter 20

She was just a girl, a first year. Her name was Alessia, and she was a Ravenclaw girl who liked to clear her head in the morning. She had been up studying for a test she had in just a few hours, and before she decided to go for food that morning, she decided to go for a stroll. She was a little sheltered in the best possible way, she wasn't much for horror movies, and when her brothers would watch them when she went home for the holidays, she most of all felt sick whenever there was any sight of a dead body, or anything along those lines.

She'd never seen a dead body up close before, and she never wanted to.

So, you can imagine her horror when she went for the early morning stroll, and tripped over something just at the black lake. Her horror, of course being that the very thing she tripped over was a hand sticking out of the water.

She wasn't a clumsy girl, she knew that whatever she tripped over shouldn't have been there, but when she looked at the lake she was previously paying no attention to, she was almost sick to see about eight bodies all floating near the surface, all with very lifeless, pale skin, hands ice cold, eyes rolled back into their head.

The students and professors of Hogwarts had never heard the screams of the bodies in the lake when they were in the midst of getting murdered, but merlin they didn't have a choice but to hear Alessia's screams when she saw what she did.

She was sent to the hospital wing after she had stumbled into Flitwick's classroom, searching frantically for the professor and thankfully he had stopped by his classroom just before he decided to go get breakfast for the day ahead. He sent quickly for McGonagall and Dumbledore, sitting the girl down, wrapping her in a blanket whilst she shivered with a pained look on her face.

She was simply traumatised by what she had seen, she felt like she was going to be sick, and it wasn't long until she was when the faces with the white eyes rolled back into her mind, when the eight bodies of the purebloods who had seemingly ran away had entered her mind.

The professors around her spoke in frantic voices, all hushed, all making sure to keep an eye on the girl as she sat there, frozen to the seat, her mind running a mile a minute as she thought of the bodies, the horror of what they must've gone through, though she was almost certain that at least two of the familiar faces where the ones to shout harsh words at her as she walked down the hallway, one, she was sure, even tripped her up.

That was the biggest shock to her, when she saw the girl whose arm she tripped over, a very familiar girl in a year much above hers, she was a pureblood and a Ravenclaw, and she was always seemingly so nice, but she wasn't nice when she tripped her up purposely, not with her lifeless arm, and soon would she laugh with her friends from the house with the terrible reputation.

Alessia wasn't one to blame anyone for what they couldn't help, she knew that not all Slytherins were bad people, the house was full of students and Alessia had common sense to know that not everyone in that house thought that her kind, that muggleborn's were better off dead instead.

She hated the feeling in her stomach that came with thinking of the lifeless bodies in the lake, it was a horrible feeling, disgust mixed with an odd, twisted happiness. Because once Alessia came to her senses on who was in the lake, she didn't feel guilt for what they had been through, in fact, she felt anything but.

It was an odd sense of satisfaction, seeing the people who had hurt her, well now they were the ones terribly hurt, powerless, unable to hurt her anymore. She felt free, knowing that there was plenty of other purebloods who would easily shout dreaded, vile words as she passed, knowing that she was a muggleborn she had nowhere to hide, but she wanted to fight.