9. Hogwarts Hit List - Best enemies.

Best enemies

Chapter 9

Halloween was only two days away and the castle looked like it was the set of some high budget Halloween muggle movie. Estella loved the castle at this time, the colours, with dark reds and bright oranges and a calming hue to it, as well as the leaves that fell on the ground and the small wind that picked up in the chilly air, it was her favourite time of the year.

Not to mention Halloween was her favourite holiday.

She was in the great hall with other students from her year and seven years too, all of which were studying for their exams coming up in June. She had heard enough about O.W.Ls to hate the very thought of them, and it seemed the seventh years where having a harder time listening to the Professors drone on about the importance of N.E.W.T.s.

She was still in her muggle clothes for classes and for anything else she could think of, she had gotten four detentions since, from teachers in classes or usually Sprout, whilst Slughorn and McGonagall where very annoyed with Theo, not only for disobeying the rules of the school but for getting Estella to do the same, they were entirely frustrated.

And at that, they wouldn't even let them explain as to why they were in their muggle clothes.

Her eyes kept finding Theo's who was across the hall with the seventh years, and whenever she looked up to stare at him, he always seemed to catch her, sending her smirks, or grins, or winks just before she'd snap her eyes away from him. He was having a good time entertaining her, his ego slightly inflating that her eyes kept finding his so much, but he knew truly that she was just as bored as he was and was looking for entertainment.

That's what he thought anyway.

In fact, she was very bored, but she was looking over at him just so she could stare at him, seeing the smile on his lips as he talked with some Slytherin's that she knew he'd finally get along with, ones like her, Halfbloods and Purebloods that weren't complete arses.

"You alright?" Estella's head snapped to the side, seeing Teresa with an odd smile on her lips and soon did Estella nod, "you've been completely zoned out for like three minutes."

"That's oddly specific," Estella giggled quietly, "did you set a timer?"

"Oh, you're funny, aren't you?" Teresa teased, nudging Estella's side, "what are you studying now?"

"Muggle Studies," she shrugged, "the easiest subject."

"And the oddest," Teresa shook her head, scoffing, "who really wants to learn about muggles."

"What do you mean?" asked Estella, her eyebrow raised, "it's actually really fascinating, the whole culture and technology that muggles have figured out on their own without magic, it's quite amazing."

"It's weird though," Teresa shrugged her shoulders, "...that it's such a big deal I suppose."

"Well there's a lot of muggleborn's in my class and it's their way of keeping in touch with their world," Estella frowned.

"Yes, but they're in our world now and they should respect that," Teresa shrugged, "maybe that's why no one likes them that much, because they think they can have it all."

"Excuse me?" Estella scoffed, "this is their world too, Teresa, and you sound incredibly insulting right now!"

"Oh, I do?" she looked hurt, "I wasn't trying to be insulting, I'm just stating fact!"

"You're acting like they're a horrible species, they're still witches and wizards, they still deserve our respect, you aren't any better than them because your parents are both wizards!" Estella was full on shouting at this point, so much that Theo could hear her at the other side of the hall.