18. Hogwarts Hit List - Intense dare games ending in death.

Intense dare games ending in death.

Chapter 18

Christmas break was over far too quickly in Estella's mind, students had already arrived back and classes had been on for a week, marking it now the first weekend of the second term. She was sitting with Sirius in the Gryffindor common room, her legs sprawled over his and a bag of chocoballs resting in her lap whilst she tried to throw them at him and hoped that he would catch them, but it wasn't exactly going well for either of them. Every time he would miss one of them, it either rolled off the couch or she would grab it and eat it before he even had a chance.

And whenever it rolled off the couch, she would make him go and get it as punishment for not catching it.

"So, one half of the new Hogwart's couple," Sirius smirked, watching her roll her eyes, "you're making purebloods angry."

"Can you believe so many people have grown up with such twatty views?" she grumbled, shaking her head and soon rolling her eyes, "it's kind of disgusting and we always say, oh well they're getting their views from their parents and that's true but you did too, you grew up with that, you're a perfect example of being a decent human being and knowing right from wrong!"

"I knew it was wrong but y'know I bet most other purebloods our age do too, I bet they're just scared and they don't have friends like mine, they don't have James and Remus and Peter, or even you, Estella, they have other purebloods who think the same things, and are scared as they are," Sirius sighed.

"If that's the case what about Teresa," she whispered, her name sent a shiver up her spine, knowing she sat there as the girl who killed her, who stared down at her with her eyes narrowed to slits, slitting her throat whilst Sirius, whilst James, and her parents thought she was alive, that she had ran away, she hated that that very thought made her feel sick.

Though, she still didn't care about Teresa.

"She had me, and she had James, even you and Pete, and she stool chose to change, to switch. She didn't need to do that out of fear, because she just had to be a decent person, everyone just has to be a decent person. They could be terrified of the dark lord, and they might have to pretended to think that way and think that they like his ideals, but...but that doesn't give any of them any right to terrorise muggleborn's, it's unfair, it's horrible for them and they are terrified, they are much more frightened than purebloods could ever be.

And I know that we are purebloods too, but that doesn't mean that we are going to think what they think, we can say proudly that we are actually, y'know, decent human beings because we aren't stupid enough to think that lord twatty's ideals are even remotely okay!" she shook her head, running a hand through her hair.

"That reminds me, you know how that guy...Jamie? The one who ran away?" asked Sirius, watching Estella as she nodded her head.

"Yeah, what about him?"

"Well there's a bunch more purebloods going missing," he trailed off, "some people are wondering about it, especially cause their friends are positive they would have told them."

"Hmmm I don't know about that, if these purebloods are really scared of the dark lord then they aren't going to just tell their friends, no matter how close they are they're bound to keep it to themselves," Estella shrugged, "well that's what I would think anyway."

"Oh yeah, same," Sirius nodded, "it's just...weird, like how is the lord guy even getting them and why isn't more being done about it...what if they haven't actually run away what if something has happened?"

"Intense dare games ending in death," Estella joked, watching Sirius shake his head with amusement, and soon did he let out a laugh.

"I shouldn't be laughing at that," he chuckled.