13. Hogwarts Hit List - Gonna need some muggle help.

Gonna need some muggle help

Chapter 13

Weeks came and gone, November came and brought snow, and the thought of Jamie sparked interest among purebloods who had noticed his disappearance, wondering why the boy didn't show up for class, many had their theories.

But only a few had ever uttered "that mental pureblood, Pettigrew, you know the one? The one that hurt those people?" to which got scoffs in return, all of which had never thought Estella even remotely involved with the events that happened. They merely came to the conclusion that his family had called for him to join him on their tasks with Voldemort.

Estella was surprised to say that she was thankful that people were underestimating her, she was surprised that her shoulders slumped in relief when someone casted a glance, sweeping over her as she walked in the hallway alone or with Theo and scoffed and would say, "she couldn't possibly have anything to do with Jamie disappearing."

She couldn't deny that she was ever so slightly on edge whenever she heard the name of the boy that she had killed, looking over her shoulder for anything suspicious, though Theo had made sure she didn't get herself worked up about it as much as she already was.

"Estella it's done now, and no one would suspect you, the Professor's don't either," Theo sighed, "they think he's ran away and no one is doing anything about it."

"But why aren't the Professors doing anything?!" she groaned, falling onto his chest whilst he held her close to him.

"I don't know, Stella, but it's okay," he mumbled into her forehead, soon pressing a kiss to it.

Currently, the girl sat with the boys, leaning on James who still wasn't over the thought of Teresa, who hadn't even tried to talk to him, instead she had found some friends from Slytherin, friends that thought it funny to shout mudblood whenever Theo passed.

If Estella killed anyone again, she knew it'd be them.

"Did anyone hear about that guy everyone's talking about?" asked Remus, casually tracing his hand over Sirius' who he was leaning on, on one of the armchairs of the Gryffindor common room. When Estella greeted them, thinking of spending some time with them, she had taken note of the two boys, seeing them so close to each other, she wondered if Sirius had forgotten to tell her something, maybe that he had finally told Remus how he truly felt.

But that didn't seem to be the case, which was greatly disappointing, knowing that someone else to take Remus' mind off of Teresa might be good for him, and no one better to do that would be his best friend, his best friend who loved him dearly, not to mention that the secret Sirius was keeping was aching him, wishing that he would just tell Remus, he knew not to, not wanting to tell him something so big when he was still not over the fact that he liked Teresa.

And well, James wasn't exactly over that either.

"Oh yeah, I did." Peter nodded, sharing the cauldron cakes that Estella - well, Sirius - had got him with Estella. When she tried to explain that Sirius had gotten them, Sirius quickly jumped in, making sure Peter knew that it was actually, in fact, Estella who had gotten the cauldron cakes, and her idea to make sure he got them because he was craving them over summer.

Peter scolded her for spending her money on him, whilst she gave him a wary smile, and soon did she send a grateful one to a grinning Sirius who thought nothing of it.

"Same, it was weird," James shook his head, nudging Estella who looked up from her book, "did you hear about it, I'm sure you'll be happy about it."