25. Hogwarts Hit List - Simply, Nothing.

Simply, Nothing.

Chapter 25

The small lantern keeping her from making any mistakes on her letter was quickly blown out as she folded the letter into the envelope, soon writing Peter's name slowly on the front as though she was trying to buy herself some more minutes of air. Theo was sleeping soundly in his bed, his soft breaths were the only thing soothing her as she stood, she couldn't leave him without a goodbye, it hurt so much to leave him at all, so she made her way over to the bed.

Every step she took felt painful, every breath she uttered was drawn short, slowly blowing in and out of her lips whilst the tears rolled down her cheek and her eyes closed until she reached the bed, slowly, very, very slowly did she sit down beside the boy, watching him for just a few moments.

The way his eyelashes rested on his cheekbones as he slept, his lips that she loved so much parted ever so slightly to create the noise, the soft noise that emitted, it was soft, tiny snores that broke the silence in the room, the noise told her whenever she slept in his arms that he was real, that he was hers, she loved that noise.

She loved the beauty he possessed, the eyes she couldn't see because of his dark eyelids, his jaw, his face, his arms, himself, she loved all of him.

She pushed herself forward, cupping his cheek as softly as she could, she pressed a lingering kiss to his forehead, one to his cheek, too, and one to his lips, though it felt much more painful when his lips pressed back onto hers, indicating that he was awake, indicating that he knew she was awake too.

"Este- babe, lie down," Theo laughed, pulling on her arm so that she lay down with him, she bit back a sob when he pulled her into his arms, pressing soft kisses to her face, slowly pulling away when he felt the wetness of her tears, and soon did he see the letter clutched in her hand, "tired, babe?"

"Wha- mhmm," she nodded her head, nuzzling closer to him, "just lie with me for a few moments."

"I'd lie with you forever," he mumbled after a few minutes of silence that kept him awake, the letter kept him awake, because he knew what it was. He had his suspicions when she began to smile just a few hours ago, and when he woke to see her writing on wet parchment, her tears strolling down her cheeks and her hand furiously wiping them, he knew.

He knew what she was going to do, and he was going to stop her in any way he could.

She was clinging to him so tightly, pretending that she was in no way crying as she nuzzled into his neck, kissing his skin, feeling the warmth, he emitted, there was a dreaded feeling of leaving him in her stomach, and she couldn't bare it, it was a pull towards him, that maybe if she just stayed with him then everything would be alright.

But no matter what, she needed to protect him, she loved him far too much for him to ever be caught up in what she started.

She lifted her head to stare at him, her hand on his cheek and her lips finding his, and she whispered, "go back to sleep, Theo, I love you."

He bit back the words he was going to say to her, seeing the look in her eyes, she was distraught, and he instead nodded, pushing himself up just a little bit more to connect their lips, he whispered, "merlin, I love you too."

And she was off, she was out the door when he lay back down, closing his eyes and only a few minutes later was his soft, soothing breaths heard around the dorm. But they weren't there for long, because as soon as the door closed behind Estella, he was up, he was heading towards the door, and he was following the girl out of the dormitory, out of the Slytherin common room and into the halls of the castle.