More Traveling, Great

"Sirius, where'd you get the money from, really?" Olivia asked them as they had found another clearing to settle in.

Sirius sighed and looked at her with sad eyes, "Yes, I'm sorry I stole it from the Turners. But we won't last here without money!"

Olivia glared at him, "We lasted months in the Shrieking Shack without money. And you decided to steal from the few people who were nice to us?!"

Sirius's eyes turned stormy and he kept his eyes on the ground, "I said I regret it. As soon as I have access to my money again, they'll be paid back with interest, I promise you."

Olivia sighed and collapsed on the ground, letting silence hang for a moment. She looked at Sirius's melancholy features and decided she shouldn't stay mad at him, "'M sorry for snapping at you. It's been a weird and stressful few days."

"Few days? I thought our stay at the Turners' was quite nice." Sirius again put on the look of concern Olivia was tired of seeing.

"I was trying to apologise and yet you interrogate me. Would you like me mad at you?"

Sirius looked taken aback at the mood change, "No, no, sorry for asking. Here," Sirius pulled out a large piece of paper, "I got us a map to plan where we're going to go. I'm thinking we stay on the East coast in case we need to get back in a hurry, but that still gives us a lot of places we can go."

Olivia was in no way familiar with the United States, so the map looked mostly like nonsense lines to her. She shrugged, "Maybe we should stick to tourist-y places so we don't seem so out of place?"

Sirius chuckled wearily, "Unfortunately this map doesn't show all the tourist hotspots. Maybe Florida?" Sirius pointed towards an upside-down L-shape at the bottom of the map.

"You know more about the States then I do so why not. And on the way we need to come up with a backstory and a plan for sleep/food/etc." Olivia rambled as she climbed on to Buckbeak, Sirius rolling up the map and climbing on behind her.

"Buckbeak, we're heading south and trying not to get spotted. Can you do that?" The hippogriffe rolled his eyes at Sirius as of saying do you doubt me? before breaking into a gallop and launching them into the sky.

"Let's start with backstory! Are we keeping the names?" Olivia almost shouted over the roar of the wind around them.

"Sure! Let's keep it consistent! What about mum?" Sirius shouted back, wondering why it felt so much louder now than it did before. Must just be inconsistent writing.

"Dead?" Olivia suggested, conflicted on whether to laugh at the oddity of the conversation or not.

"How recent?"

"How about I never knew her?" As soon as Olivia said it she could feel the sadness stab at her. Great, more mood swings. When did these start happening, again?

"Alright. We're here on holiday, of course," Sirius kept going.

"Of course! Where are we staying?"

Sirius almost pulled out the map but then remembered where he was, "Should we just sleep in animagus forms? It'd be cheaper!"

"We'll have to find a safe spot for Buckbeak too!" Olivia reminded him.

"That'll be the hard part!" Sirius laughed, looking out over the horizon and wondering if this was what he'd missed.

~