Bittersweet

When it came time to eat dinner, Olivia was ready to run for it. Not that the twins or anyone else was being overbearing, just the anxiety of seeing and being at the mercy of everyone's questions made Olivia feel physically ill.

Mrs. Weasley had knocked on the door while the millionth round of exploding snap was underway, peering in before even finishing. She seemed shocked to see Olivia as the first face looking up at her with wild eyes, "Oh! Olivia, dear, I didn't realise you'd returned! I would've made extra-"

"You always make extra mum,"

"Is dinner ready? The twins asked in succession.

Their mother sighed at them, "It is. Make sure you wash up before you head downstairs." She smiled momentarily then set off back toward the eating area without another word.

The twins stood up and followed without question, and Ginny stood to do the same. Olivia stayed sitting, crippled with the aforementioned anxiety, and made no effort to move. Ginny paused in her pursuit and sat on the edge of the bed inches away from Olivia.

"Are you feeling alright? Or just not excited for dinner." Ginny tried to joke, but the look of concern didn't leave her face.

Olivia sighed and decided to be transparent for once, "I'm not very comfortable with a lot of people in one place, and hate being the Center of attention. And with the holiday and everything—"

"Everyone's going to be asking about it." Ginny finished for her, nodding along with Olivia as she tried to think of a solution, "Well, I could tell mum you're not feeling well and bring you up a plate. Would that work?"

Olivia's instant relief flooded her senses, "That would be phenomenal. Will she buy it?"

Ginny shrugged, "Probably. Meet you back in our room?"

"Yeah, that works," Olivia was cut off from saying thank you as Ginny nodded and set out of the room on a mission.

Olivia just shook her head and snuck back into the girls' room, hoping and praying that Hermione and the others had already left for dinner as to not meet them in the hall. Luck seemed to be on her side for once, and Olivia made it to her room without further social interaction.

She sat on her bed with a sigh, taking her belongings out of her bag and returning them to their rightful places. The bed, while older than the one at Remus's, was certainly much more plush. Olivia leaned against the patterned pillows as she awaited Ginny's return.

She didn't have to wait long, as the 14 year old returned with two plates piled high with food within the next twenty minutes. Olivia opened the door to let her in, and she sat on one side of Olivia's bed without any hesitation.

"She bought it, then?" Olivia asked, trying not to let the hesitation of sitting right up against Ginny as she resumed her seat on the pillows.

"Easily," Ginny smiled as she put the plates and cups down, "I just said you're not used to eating big meals and that pretty much convinced her. That and I volunteered to 'make sure you ate'."

While Ginny didn't seem to notice how impacted Olivia was by the sweet action, Olivia definitely felt honoured. She steadied her cup by placing it on the bedside table, taking a sip as she did so.

"Sirius and Remus might notice you're gone, though, so I'm not sure how much privacy we'll end up having." Ginny continued, shrugging as she did so. Olivia's stomach turned slightly at the statement of shared privacy, but again she swallowed any feelings and tried to convince herself that it was only because she was starved for affection.

"Any time is better than none at all, thank you for the help and the food," Olivia finally finished her apology as she began stabbing at the food in front of her.