Bliss

Though the nightmares still plagued Olivia that night, they didn't damper her mood as much as they usually did. It was just after  four in the morning whenever she made her way to her usual early morning stomping grounds, not surprised to find Sirius already there and sipping on a mug full of something unidentifiable.

"Good morning," Olivia greeted, earning a suspicious stare from Sirius.

"Since when are you in a good mood after nightmares?"

Olivia just shrugged and plopped down on to her usual spot.

"Aw, come on Liv," Sirius took a sip, "You can't keep things from me, where else am I supposed to get gossip around here?"

Olivia deflected instantly, "You're a gossip? Not sure I realised that."

Sirius placed his cup down before responding, "Well I wouldn't exactly call myself a 'gossip'. More in that I have always liked to be informed of social matters in particular."

Olivia continued to look skeptical, so Sirius continued.

"Well one of us had to have their ear to the ground. Remus was the one who did all the homework and kept the rest of us passing, and James was always a little too busy with Quidditch and chasing after Evans to do the research. Besides, I have a certain charm that worked quite well."

Olivia wasn't a fan of the ending tone and made a face, "Yeah I don't want to hear about that charm. At all. Nope."

Sirius couldn't help but crack a chuckle at the reaction, "I won't go into any details then. Though you still haven't told me about your good mood this morning, so I may just have to tell you about this one instance with a boy named Davey—"

Olivia's response was to just grab a nearby pillow and throw it at Sirius, of course.

"Oi!" Sirius was muffled through the fabric briefly, though his mischievous grin never altered, "Well? I have plenty of stories if that's what gets you to talk."

"Fine, fine," Olivia sighed though was more teasing than actually nervous, "I came out to Ginny and Hermione last night, and not only did Hermione promise not to treat me any different, Ginny admitted that she likes girls and guys and I'm just so happy."

"Awwwwwww" Sirius practically cooed, "I really am glad you've got accepting friends, I've been a little worried about the Weasleys but they seem to be the 'don't ask, don't tell' type."

"What does that mean?"

Sirius sighed and fidgeted with his hands, "I forget that you're not as up-to-date. Do you remember all the papers back in America debating over their president's new policies?"

Olivia shook her head, "Can't say I'm up to date on American politics."

"Well their president very recently put into effect a policy in their military called, 'don't ask, don't tell' which allows gay people to serve in the forces as long as they aren't open about it. That's how I thought the Weasleys would be- keep it quiet and it's alright. I've talked to Arthur about it before, and while he's not exactly comfortable with it, he's never said anything outrightly offensive."

"That's good— well in terms of Mr. Weasley, not in terms of America."

Sirius laughed in his trademark boisterous way, "No, not really for America, but the world is changing so hopefully it gets better. Here and there, really."

The two sat in comfortable silence for a little while, Sirius sipping on his drink and Olivia's mind off in its own little world. Eventually, she picked the conversation back up.