Time Jumps

The days in the cave blended together like water colours as the monotony of each day started to get to Olivia and Sirius. Sleeping, eating, sleeping, eating, studying latin, sleeping, eating, Sirius breaking out Hogwarts stories, sleeping, and eating. It felt like ages before Harry's next letter arrived, and they were ecstatic when it did.

Sirius gasped as the owl swooped in, "Liv, we got mail!" He leaped out of the blanket nest to snatch the small owl, untying the letter with gusto. Olivia had barely woken up by the time Sirius finished reading it.

"Crouch broke into Snivellus's office? Why?" Sirius scanned further, "This can't be good."

"Hmm? What's happening?" Olivia rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, looking up at the agitated Sirius as he scribbled something down on a piece of paper, sending it off before Olivia realised what was happening, "Wait, what's going on? Letter from Harry?"

Sirius got up and began to pace, although Olivia was sure he must be cold. He didn't turn to look as he responded, "Harry suspects Crouch because of the map, but that doesn't make any sense. Although..,"

"Are you just rambling again? Can I go back to sleep?" Olivia said irritably, knowing that she'd get nothing out of Sirius right then. And with a wave of his hand, she returned to what she wanted to do.

~

Months flew by before Harry's next owl. The letter was shorter than normal, only to Sirius, and had no input from the rest of the trio. Olivia felt left out— until Sirius revealed that they'd be visiting the cave in March.

"They're coming here? That's great!" Olivia did her best to show excitement, her stomach gurgling at the movement. Breadcrumbs still weren't the most filling of foods, after all.

"I hate to put everyone in danger like this but with all that's happening at Hogwarts it'd be better to talk in a secure location." Sirius explained, although mostly justifying it to himself.

Olivia nodded at his reasons, "This place is very secure, and no one will suspect a few students wandering about. What all is it you need to talk to them about?"

Sirius started to scribble a response to Harry before pausing, "Is is rude to ask them to bring food?"

Olivia shrugged, "They've seen me recently, they know we're not exactly living in luxury. Won't hurt."

Sirius nodded and scribbled further before tying the letter to the owl and sending it back. He watched it leave the cave safely before explaining,"There's just too many things not adding up. You know how paranoid I am— these letters could be intercepted at any time, and then anything we say could put us or them in danger. It'll be more efficient to talk in person."

Olivia nodded again, "Makes sense. Besides, if they bring food, anything's fine with me."

~

The day arrived sooner than Olivia expected: she had been circling Hogsmeade for her next meal and had noticed the dark,heavy cloaks milling about that belonged to all Hogwarts students. She just about swooped down right then and there to find the trio, but decided that it wouldn't be the best idea. Instead, she darted back to the cave to tell Sirius that they were coming.

She flew up to the mountainous cave entrance and darted through the narrow entrance, getting a little too close to the jagged walls in the process. As soon as she had entered the dimly-lit cave, Olivia urged herself to transform, tumbling through midair as she did so. Sprawled out on the ground, and completely out of breath, she whipped her head up at the concerned Sirius,"Guess who's on their way?"

"Is that today?" Sirius asked, his previous thoughts of worry discarded. Olivia nodded, and Sirius assumed the same excitement she had. Soon they had both transformed into animagus form and were soaring down the mountain.