Even Worse

It was early morning when the knocks came. Too early, but Olivia didn't realise that.

The wrong pattern and the five knocks, however, Olivia did realise.

"Oh shit." Olivia cursed as the lock was pulled on, with muffled voices being heard from the other side of the door. She scurried back into the master bedroom, as instructed, and locked the door behind her. She hid under the bed as the masked, hooded figures encircled the house to find an entrance point. In the early hours of dusk it was hard to make out any details, but Olivia would recognise the masks anywhere- death eaters had come to pay her a visit.

The two of them circled around to try the back door and Olivia decided that she needed to flee. Now. She rushed to the window and opened the curtains and began to pry at the window with all of her limited strength. When the window wouldn't budge, she stepped back to try and use her powers on it, mentally scolding herself for not doing that in the first place.

Just as she stepped out of the moon's remaining light, however, the masked figures had the same idea she originally had of using this window as an entrance. And because Olivia had unlatched it to try and escape, the two adult men began to open it with ease.

Pure panic filled Olivia as she ducked under the bed once again, transforming as she did so to better blend in with the shadows and fit under the bed. She cursed herself a million times over as the men slowly made their way in through the window— she'd left her mirror to contact Sirius/ Harry with in her bedroom, along with all of her other things, and had locked the bedroom door, trapping her inside with them. She could take both of them down, most likely, but if she didn't plan it right one curse could land her in the arms of Voldemort.

Just the thought of the name sparked a whole other level of terror in the heart of the 15 year old and she held her breath as she listened to one of the men above her utter a simple unlocking spell to get into the rest of the house. She almost made a break for it right then and there, but had found that the intruders had not only closed the window, they appeared to have cast some spell on it for Olivia couldn't budge it even with her powers. Feeling extremely nervous, she continued on into the doorway of the bedroom in her room form.

"Are you sure-" came the voices of one of the men, which sounded vaguely familiar to Olivia.

"I've been watching this place for days, I know she's here." The other voice growled, which again sounded familiar to Olivia but she couldn't place it to a face or name, "Come on out, Olivia, we know you're here!"

Olivia ignored their words and hopped on over to her own bedroom door without being seen, extremely grateful for the age of the cottage leading to larger gaps between the door and the floorboards beneath it. She transformed again as she safely made it inside the room, and locked the door as silently as she could to buy herself a bit of time.

Grabbing her belongings as quietly as she could, she used her powers to open the window facing the back of the house. Unfortunately for Olivia, her powers had yet to reach stealth level and flung the window open with a resounding bang. The intruders instantly rushed to her bedroom door and broke it open before Olivia even had a chance to transform.

In the chaos of that moment, two spells were fired as Olivia sent a bookshelf crashing down on them. The first one missed Olivia entirely and shattered against the wall behind her— the second, however, hit its target of the window, which was then sealed shut just as the window in the master bedroom was. Olivia, in her panic, flung the nearly-empty bookshelf nearest to the door at them moments after the spells were fired.

The death eaters laid there dazed on the floor for a moment, and Olivia about froze with pure adrenaline. As the first one began to stir, her fight response fully kicked in, and she began sending everything at them: another bookshelf, the end tables, the lamp, a set of drawers. She screamed with fury and panic as she sent countless pounds of furniture against the two men, and even she got caught up in the moment by moving them to and fro while making sure the projectiles hit their mark. It was chaos— absolute bloody chaos.

And by the end of the chaos, Olivia was forced to face what she had done. Not only was her room and the hallway completely wrecked, the two men had been killed long ago. The bigger of the two, who had been watching her for days, had gone by way of a splinter of wood piercing through his temple, along with the multiple other areas of intense cuts from shards of wood and glass alike. The second man had a more painful death of  blunt trauma, wherein one of Olivia's bashing had caved in the back of his head and splintered his own skull into his brain.

Olivia stared at every gruesome detail in a state of shock. The glass from the lamp and the wooden splinters from everything else had gotten blood everywhere, which coagulated with the torn paper and dust to create these monstrous clumps of horror that littered both the men and the area their remains resided in.

Olivia, not knowing what to do or how to process what she had just done, slowly sunk to the floor with tears in her eyes. She brought her knees up and hugged them as a silent sob escaped her throat, her eyes never once leaving the scene.

It was a minute before Olivia realised that other death eaters could be on their way, so she reached into her bag with shaky hands and pulled out the mirror.

"Sirius Black." Olivia said before she could change her mind. As she waited for him to pick up, she hoped and prayed that they would forgive her. That someone could forgive her. That someone could fix what she'd just broken.

"-Liv?! Are you okay? What's going on? Where are you?" Sirius pelted her with questions as he peered on to her soulless face.

She didn't even look down at the mirror as she responded, "Death eaters broke in. I'm at Remus's House. Don't bring Harry or Hermione or any kids or any of the aurors-" Olivia took a deep breath but couldn't finish her sentence.

"Death eaters?! Are you okay?! Did they hurt you?"

Olivia let out a dead laugh. There was no happiness behind it, nor sadness nor anger. Just pure shock as she responded, "I think I hurt them." Then she turned the mirror over so that it faced the ground, effectively cutting off the call and returning to staring at what horror she had just committed.

~~

And it gets worse bc I can't let anything happy happen in this story apparently 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, please leave feedback and I hope you enjoyed!