Tortured Souls

A/N: Guess who redid all the Lost Potter Series Covers! Let me know how you feel about them (I'm considering redoing Drarry/Running too but I'm not sure)

While Olivia tried her best to ask Sirius about his past more over the next few weeks, starting with the next morning, he was staying suspiciously silent about it all.

"So do you have any other stories from Hogwarts?" She tried to ask casually as their conversation took to silence.

"A few, but you'll need to be more specific," Sirius deflected.

"Well how about from your sixth or seventh years? When you all had grown up a bit."

Sirius places his drink back on the table with another sigh, "We pulled some pranks, ran around as animals, and still managed to pass our exams for the most part. Not a lot of details come to mind."

Olivia instantly knew that he was lying— if he had been able to recall events in such vivid detail the other night, why not now? She just decided to drop the subject.

Similar attempts occurred as time went on, with Olivia becoming increasingly aware that there must be some story or event that was a sore spot for Sirius if he refused to talk about it like this. After all, he had never been one to shy away from a dramatic retelling before.

One morning, right at the beginning of May, Olivia brought the subject up again from a slightly different approach.

"Sirius?" She asked from her spot on the sofa to assure she got his attention, "I'm sorry."

Sirius just looked confused, "And what is it that you have to be sorry for, exactly?"

"My questioning you ever since Harry's call. Obviously you're not comfortable with sharing more, and while I don't understand why I should respect that."

Sirius looked completely blown-away, "That's- well, that's very mature of you, Liv. Honestly wasn't expecting it."

Olivia smiled in response, her mind growing even more frustrated as Sirius didn't elaborate for the next few minutes.

"I expect you're waiting for me to explain why I'm uncomfortable talking about it?" Sirius asked with Olivia nodding instantly, "Yeah I suppose that's fair. Well to start with, I didn't tell you and Harry the entire story during that phone call. While those events were significant, a lot more happened during my final years at Hogwarts that turned everything to shit.

" At the start of my seventh year, my father died. And while I hated his guts and was happy for him to be gone, I knew what that would mean for Regulus. He was already friends with Death Eaters— he had to be, since he was a pure blooded Slytherin and he wouldn't have lasted a moment otherwise. But once my father was gone and it was clear that Regulus was going to inherit everything, the Death Eaters recruited him.

"I don't know how he personally stood on any of the individual matters, but I know he hated the Death Eater method of brutality. It was something we both experienced growing up and he despised it with every bone in his body. Yet he was recruited nonetheless, and so I was rightfully worried.

"The four of us joined the Order before we even left Hogwarts, you see, and so I was oftentimes given missions to get information from Regulus and he was given the same about me. But we couldn't manage it, neither of us could convince the other to abandon our sides or to give any information at all. It was a dark time.