Going Away Party

A/N: Pic attached is another one of my drawings of the twins (which I'm aware their portraits are facing the wrong way but oh well). Hope you enjoy!

It was the day before the other young witches and wizards in Grimmauld Place would return to Hogwarts, and Olivia couldn't seem to hide her disappointment. While the occupants got on her nerves and occasionally called upon her temper, she had to admit that even she needed more human interaction than just Sirius to function properly. Of course, other members of the Order would be visiting the headquarters throughout the schoolyear, but it was bound to be few and far between that those visitors would say a word to Olivia. The future didn't exactly look bright.

Nevertheless, Olivia sat on her bed and remained as courteous as she could as the other two girls packed their belongings. She hid her face by pretending to read her latest recommendation from the Black library- A Study Of Underage Magic by Hagatha M. Deatley. It wasn't her first choice, which had been a textbook on charms named The Wizard's Accomplice: Charms Throughout History by Brigadier Thompson, but Remus had quickly denied her reading of any sort of textbook of charms, spells, or anything of the sort. He cited, because she was underage and had the trace still in place, that any recognised incantation she cast (intentionally or unintentionally) could be traced by the Ministry. Olivia agreed that that would ruin quite a lot, and was therefore stuck with this other book, which focuses more on history than on incantations. Not as thrilling, in her opinion, but arguably better for everyone.

"Olivia? Could you grab that bag for me?" Ginny asked, motioning towards the sack perched on top of the ancient wardrobe. She looked to have given up trying to reach the object, as her petite stature wasn't ideal for such tasks.

Olivia, who was even shorter than the younger girl, looked at her confused, "Why me? I'm no taller than you are."

Ginny face turned slightly flustered, "I know, it's just that Ron put it up there to frustrate me and I thought with your... you know..." She motioned vaguely with her hands to try and convey her point.

It took Olivia a second to understand, but once she did she laughed at her own stupidity, "Oh yeah, of course." Being especially careful, she used her telekinetic abilities to gently remove the bag from the wardrobe and place it on top of Ginny's bed, with both of the other girls watching with fascination in their eyes.

"There you are." Olivia breathed a sigh of relief as it was finished, feeling very self-conscious about the whole endeavour. She had used her powers since returning from the cottage, but never at the direct request of anyone her age. And she wasn't a fan of being the center of attention.

"Thank you," said Ginny, all embarrassment from the request already forgotten.

Hermione had decided not to comment on the interaction, not that it ended up mattering, as an oversized owl fluttered to the window with multiple Hogwarts letters in tow. Both girls abandoned their tasks to grab the envelopes, grins breaking out on their faces.

"Finally! Booklists!" Hermione sortes through the envelopes to find her own, handing off the rest to Ginny to do the same.

"I should go tell mum they've arrived," Ginny pointed out on her way out of the room, leaving Olivia in the room with Hermione excitedly opening her mail.

Her eyes took no time to scan the parchment, with something scarlet colored landing in her palm as she tore the exterior parchment. She somehow grew even more excited, rereading the same few words and gazing at the object in her hand with glee.

"Prefect, I've made prefect!" She exclaimed, causing Olivia to jump in surprise.

"What's a-" Olivia began to ask, but Hermione too was flying out of the room to share the news. She sighed and closed her book, deciding she may as well try and be social. It was the only way to find out was a prefect was, after all.