Christmas Day

AN: I'm so sorry about the gap! The school year has been crazy and everything's falling apart (luckily I wrote these in advance!) I'll try to be better from here on out. Anyway, continue on!

"How do we go about disguising me?" Olivia asked as she watched Hermione pull books out of her trunk and off of her bed.

"Let's get you into the bathroom first, just in case the other girls come in, " Hermione ushered her into the bathroom, keeping an eye on the dormitory door until they were out of sight.

"Is this charm-based then?" Olivia asked curiously as Hermione handed her the armful of books, keeping one for herself.

"Well I don't have exactly any other ways to do it," Hermione joked, earning a playful glare from Olivia through the mirror. Hermione pushed Olivia into a chair she'd pulled in from the dorm, flipping through the pages of the book she held. It took her a moment before finding the right page, setting it down on the counter nearby.

"First off, we're going to straighten your hair," Hermione pulled out her wand, waiting no input from Olivia, "Corrigo!"

Instantly, Olivia's trademark head of curls was pin-straight, which both of the girls took time to admire. Olivia realised just how long her bangs were as the longest reached past her jawline.

"When did you get bangs?" Hermione asked as she also noticed the hair, toying with the end of it absent-mindedly.

Olivia blushed slightly recalling the memory and how similar this was feeling, "We stayed with a family in the States whose daughter had a friend who cut hair. She popped over and cut it."

Hermione looked suspicious at this but didn't question it, "Alright then, what color shall we do?"

Olivia looked at the list of spells and colors in the book before answering, "Let's go auburn."

Hermione nodded, "Colovaria Flavum!"

Olivia audibly gasped as she saw her reflection, "I look like my mother," She said to herself, but Hermione heard it.

"Did she have auburn hair?" Hermione asked, having never really seen any pictures of Lily Potter.

"Yeah, and the green eyes. We might want to change those," Olivia suggested, feeling slightly creeped out at the resemblance.

"Blue?" Hermione suggested, waiting for Olivia's nod before casting, "Colovaria livenus!"

Olivia's eyes went from their usual bright green to a light blue, and Olivia was once again amazed, though Hermione didn't react much. She wondered if she would've been as amazed if she'd stayed in Hogwarts and seen magic more often.

"You still have the same face though," Hermione commented, flipping through even more pages in the book before giving up and opening another. This carried on until the second to last book, which she apparently found something to try.

"Nasus reducto!" Was first, followed by a quick, "Fusco pellis!"

In a flash, Olivia's nose went from slim and aquiline to wider and button-like, which was in itself a huge changer to her face. And then with the second spell, her skin went from corpse-pale to olive toned, which really shook everything up. Olivia just stared at her reflection in wonder, poking at her face as if not sure it's real.