New Information

As the two were wont to do, it took them only a few hours of company before they retreated to their own safe spaces to mourn the temporary loss of their loved ones.

Of course, the sulking came and left in waves. When Remus returned to their company a month and a half later with two brand-new scars, Sirius was over the moon (and Olivia was happy too, of course). When Remus left again weeks later, the sadness returned. Other frequent visitors included Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody, who Olivia could stand very well but disliked being alone with, Mundungus Fletcher, who Olivia actively avoided (mostly because his disorderliness reminded her of a drunk Mr. Malfoy), and Nymphadora Tonks, who Olivia grew more and more comfortable around as time went on. Mr. And Mrs. Weasley occasionally stopped by outside of Order meetings, too, just to say hello/make sure everyone was eating, in Mrs. Weasley's case, or to grab a drink/keep spirits high in Mr. Weasley's case.

The trio continued to call-in with the mirror, though they were forced to break their usual scheduling as DA meetings/schoolwork/ suspicion from other parties piled up. Olivia took to keeping the mirror in the parlour room since her and Sirius spent a fair bit of time there and, with the door open, they could hear Harry's voice from the kitchen just downstairs and from Olivia's room just down the hall (Sirius's room, which was upstairs from that, was just out of reach).

Ginny wrote as often as she could at first, gushing about school drama (apparently Ginny had begun to try and pick out other queer kids, with a certain girl in her year drawing her scrutiny), classwork (Olivia could only sympathise with her complaints about Defence Against the Dark Arts and History of Magic, which sounded dreadful), and she particularly gushed about a boy named Dean Thomas, who she began dating sometime in March.

Not long after the relationship began, however, Olivia received quite the surprising letter from Ginny:

Dear Liv,

I should probably just cut to the chase with this. So, do you remember at Christmas break whenever I told you I thought that I was attracted to girls? Well, I've started to realise that was because I kept crushing on horrible guys! Dean has been so kind to me and reassuring that he doesn't think anything less of me because I was confused, which is just great. Speaking of Dean, he keeps asking about you, but Hermione makes sure I don't tell him anything much. Can you give me a little more to mention (that's safe)? All he knows right now is that you're a friend of mine who I only get to see during breaks (well, and you kind of came up whenever we were discussing sexualities, but he doesn't hold that against you, I'm fairly sure).

I'd write more, but I have a charms assignment that I've been putting off so that Dean could help me once he finishes his transfiguration homework. I think he's just about done, so I'll leave this one here.

Talk to you soon!
-Ginny

Olivia couldn't describe the heartbreak. Sure, it had hurt to hear that Ginny and Dean had started dating, but to hear that she no long even considered herself open to the possibility of being not-straight made Olivia's heart hurt. She ended up locking herself in her room and crying for a solid four hours before Sirius unlocked it and hugged her until she calmed down.

The letters from Ginny also began to slow down in frequency, with Dean becoming the main topic even more rapidly. Ginny continued to emphasise just how nice and sweet he was, though she seemed to follow that with how he "put up" with her faults so well. It felt off to Olivia, for sure, and she let it continue until the end of March before bringing it up to Hermione via a letter.

Dear Hermione,

Can you make sure Ginny is doing okay? Her letters are worrying me and I think Dean may have something to do with it (though I truly hope that I'm wrong).