Excited for Christmas

Olivia made sure to write back to the trio the next morning, careful to use as little parchment as possible. This meant cramming Harry's and Ron's on the front, with Hermione's on the back:

Dear Harry,

I hope it went well with Cho, and I guess I'll find out if it worked when I get there on Christmas. Sirius was writing Dumbledore about us visiting, too, and he also suggested I go to the ball while Sirius keep his distance. Sirius thought it was very suspicious that you and Dumbledore both thought of me going, but I think he's just being dramatic.

See you on Christmas! -Olivia
~
Dear Ron,

Of course I'll go with you (and I know that's not exactly what you asked but I can read between the lines). I'm truly excited to see you all again, it's going to be a blast. Sorry for the short letter (for you and Harry) but I'm running out of room here and we don't exactly have much parchment.

See you on Christmas! -Olivia
~
Dear Hermione,

You managed to snag the other champion? Wow, I didn't know you had it in you! You'll have to tell me all about that while I'm there (and you'll have to introduce me, of course). I haven't heard of him, though, do you know what Quidditch team he's on? I used to be more up to date on those, as they were always quite fun.

I read Ron's letter asking me to the ball, and I've got to say he's lucky no one else can ask me. He didn't even say the words "with me" in any of it! Of course we'd be going as friends anyway, since the thought of dating him is laughable, but still.

How long have you guys been planning for me to come? Both you and Ron mentioned talking it over, and you even had your parents send you a dress for me? That's just amazing, I'm so grateful for you guys. This is going to be so much fun, I can't wait!

See you at Christmas! -Olivia

"Ready to send?" Sirius asked, holding the hyper owl in place.

"Were you going to write anything?"

Sirius nodded, "I've already finished mine."

"You Did ? What'd you write?"

Sirius rolled her eyes at her before unfolding his letter and reading it aloud:

Dear Harry,
Congratulations on getting past the Horntail. Whoever put your name in that goblet shouldn't be feeling too happy right now! I was going to suggest a Conjunctivitis Curse, as a dragon's eyes are its weakest point  but your way was better, I'm impressed.
Don't get complacent, though, Harry. You've only done one task; whoever put you in for the tournament's got plenty more opportunity if they're trying to hurt you. Keep your eyes open — particularly when the person we discussed is around — and concentrate on keeping yourself out of trouble.
Keep in touch, I still want to hear about anything unusual. -Sirius

"You sound super paranoid," Olivia pointed out.

Sirius just shrugged, "In times like these it doesn't hurt to be cautious. Now are we sending these or not?"
~

Sirius made another trip to Inverness before Christmas rolled around, and returned with his usual enchanted satchel and whatever he could grab for Christmas gifts.

"G-g-grab anything g-good?" Olivia chattered out. She'd stolen all the blankets she could, and had managed to snuggle up to Buckbeak, but the Scottish winter was still hitting her hard.