Saying Farewell

The morning of everyone's return to Hogwarts crescendoed into chaos as the day progressed, but for Olivia and Sirius it started off relatively peacefully. They had both experienced nightmares and, not wanting to discuss it, had descended upon their usual sitting room in a comfortable silence to watch the sun rise. Their view was limited due to the nature of the house, yet the colors were gorgeous nonetheless.

The first noise to be heard from the other occupants of the house was Remus Lupin stirring from his bed place in the now-master bedroom. He rose slowly as if with the sun, wandering into the doorway of the room as if to not disturb them. Sirius's face snapped back to see who it was, with Olivia not even registering the door had been opened until Remus began to speak.

"They're going back to Hogwarts today," His voice was hoarse with sleep, but it spoke well enough in the silence, "And you've spread the decision from Dumbledore, I assume?"

"News from Dumbledore?" Olivia didn't want to pull her eyes away from the window, yet conversed as if she had.

"Well, I had asked oh so politely if you and I could see everyone off at King's Cross," Sirius explained, ruffling at his tangled hair as if it needed it, "And he kindly explained how horrendous an idea that would be, especially for you and your assailants there."

Olivia hadn't even thought going to the station would be an option, and so nodded along, "Understandably so. Besides, my animagus form is too easily kidnapped. Doesn't mean you should be barred from going."

"And leave you here alone?" Sirius's time said he thought the idea was ridiculous, but the expression in his eyes leaned otherwise.

"The decision is already settled, anyhow, so make sure you say goodbye before the teams set off. I'll go see if Molly has begun breakfast yet," Remus closed the door behind him as he again left them to their silence.

"What does he mean by teams?" Olivia asked as the footsteps downstairs diminished.

"Mad-eye is convinced that today would be the prime day for an attack, so everyone is going in different groups, each with different adults just in case. I believe Harry goes with Molly and Tonks, Hermione and Ron with Arthur, and the other Weasley children go with Lupin."

"Harry gets the extra protection then?" Olivia said, just now turning her face away from the window as the sky settled into is usual dull blue. Sirius nodded, with Olivia agreeing, "Makes sense. When does everyone leave?"

"They'll start leaving at ten or so, I'd imagine," Sirius shrugged, "They just have to get there by eleven, and it's only a twenty minute walk."

Olivia nodded again, falling silent for a while as she turned back to look at the clouds. She was silently cursing them for being as dull and grey as the rest of the house when the house began to buzz with activity, footsteps and voices passing through the hall.

It was around nine, according to the old grandfather clock ticking away within the room, when Sirius piped up, "We should probably get something to eat before everyone gets up."

"I suppose," Olivia relented, standing slowly and following Sirius back out into the Hall.

As they clambered through the cluttered halls, careful to step over the trunks already littering the entryway, they realised how isolated the sitting room was. People were rushing this way and that way, packing stray items and double checking everything they needed. They eventually made their way down to the kitchen, only to find Mrs. Weasley had abandoned preparing breakfast already.

The adults who were tasked to accompany the students were surrounding the table in a state of relative calm, with Mrs. Weasley being the most chaotic of them all, checking the entire room for some unknown object.