The Big Surprise

Completely edited

[Ben's POV]

I woke up at 3 A.M. because Mal was having a nightmare. She thrashed under the covers and she was screaming like crazy.

"Don't hurt, Ben!" My heart was pounding. What did she mean? Don't hurt me? I ran to her side of the bed and shook her calmly. "Mal, wake up!" She freaked out for a few seconds, realizing what she had done.

"Ben, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to wake you!" She was crying into my shoulder. I clasped my arms around hers and held her. "Mal, it's ok. You're more important." She calmed down after a while and went back to sleep. I did the same, and prayed that she was going to make it through the rest of the night.

[Mal's POV]

Well, that was embarrassing! Ben rocked me until I fell asleep again. I woke up to sickness early the next morning. I rushed to the bathroom and locked it before Ben could get to me. He knocked frantically on the door.

"Mal? Babe? You ok in there?" I didn't answer him straight away because I was busy puking my heart out. After 10 minutes of that torture, I grabbed a pregnancy test and waited patiently after following the directions. I looked at it after losing what little patience I had left to find...

[Ben's POV]

It's been 10 minutes and I haven't heard anything from Mal. I hope she's ok. I knocked on the door again impatiently waiting. "Mal, are you ok? Can I come in?"

After unexpected silence, the door slid open carefully. My queen popped out holding a pregnancy test and she looked at me with tears in her eyes. "I'm pregnant..." I hugged her carefully and helped her to bed. "Are you sure, babe?" She threw the test at me and there were 2 pink lines indicating the theory.

I looked at the test carefully and then at her in shock. "So, it's true?" She nodded and started to cry. "Baby, don't cry. It's going to be alright." I held her in my arms and I rocked her to sleep.

[Mal's POV]

I woke up the next morning with a nasty headache. I must've slept the whole day (which wasn't good, considering I'm the queen of Auradon). I tried sitting up without waking Ben, but he noticed as I fell backwards and landed on the pillows.

"Mal, you need to take it easy, you've been out all day yesterday. Are you feeling better?" I nodded and tried to get up, which worried Ben. "You're not going to go anywhere today." "I have to be with you out there, Ben! I missed a whole day yesterday, what're people going to say if the queen's not there today?"

He sighed calmly. "I don't know. But you need to rest. You need to get more energy because you're having a baby." He pondered his mind for a minute and then got back to me. "How about I cancel everything today so I can be with you?" I shook my head, trying to resist. "I'm not taking no for an answer, Mal. You need rest." I groaned as he rubbed my stomach.

"I just want you and the baby safe." "I'll be fine." He gave me that look where you know if you tried to fight back he would win and never let you forget it. "Fine, I'll stay in bed." "Yay!" He answered in a childish behavior. He kissed me as I fell back asleep. What have we gotten ourselves into?