Chapter 31

[Evie's POV]

Mal barged into my room and locked the door. She was definitely scared of something, I just didn't know what. "M, are you alright?" I asked shakily moving toward her. "Where's Ben?" She looked at me with bloodshot eyes and responded, "He's in our room. I can't be in there right now. Can I stay here?" I nodded and hugged her. She slept on the sofa for at least 2 hours and then a knock was at the door.

It was Ben. "Evie, do you know where Mal is? I've been searching for her and I still haven't found her." He said softly. "Mal's here, she came in 2 hours ago. Which reminds me, did you hurt her?" He shook his head. "I took her to the doctor because she looked really bad. I was told she needed someone to stay with her so she could rest, and when we were in bed, she just jumped up and ran."

I nodded and let him in. He walked over to Mal who was sleeping peacefully on the couch. "We probably shouldn't wake her," I said. Ben nodded. "I'll give you two some privacy." With that, I closed the door when I got to the hallway.

[Ben's POV]

I sat on the sofa and held Mal in my arms. She looked peaceful and finally got the rest she needed. It wasn't long before she stirred and woke up. Her eyes met mine. Those perfect golden flecks in her eyes. "Hi, Ben..." She spoke. "Hey, baby. Did you sleep well?" She nodded and sat up. "How long have I been here?" "Probably 2 and a half hours. It's ok though, because you needed sleep."

She fell back into my arms and closed her eyes, but still talked to me. "Will you carry me back to our room, my King?" I chuckled and replied back. "Of course I will, my Queen." She laid back in my arms and I could feel her light breathing. Mal finally had the peace that she deserved. We got back to our room and I laid her on the bed. I laid down next to her and she cuddled in my arms.

"Ben, I really don't deserve a guy like you." She said softly. "No, Mal. I don't deserve a girl like you." She smiled and I kissed her. She snuggled into my side and I wrapped my arms around her. This was a moment that I was going to hold onto forever and I hoped that she would too.

[Mal's POV]

I woke up in Ben's arms. He pulled a piece of my purple hair back as I smiled. "Hey, beautiful." "Hi," I whispered. Ben set me in his lap and I laid my head into his chest. "Ben, I'm scared..." I said. "Why, Mal?" He asked shocked. "I don't want to lose you, or the VKs, or our daughter." "Mal, you're not going to lose anybody. We're all here for you." I smiled and got out of his lap.

"Can we go for a walk? I want some air." He nodded and grabbed Christie. I held her in my arms as we walked to the enchanted lake. I sat Christie on a blanket and she sat up by herself. "Ben, when did she learn how to sit up?" I asked scared. "She's been doing it for awhile now, I guess I forgot to tell you." I laughed and sat down with my daughter. "Mama..." I looked at Christie who was laughing. "Ben, did she just call me Mama?" Ben sat down next to me and took Christie. "What did you say, Princess?" He asked her.

"Mama. And Daddy." Ben hugged our daughter and kissed me. "Well, she knows who we are now." I said chuckling. "I think she already did know, babe." Christie struggled to get out of Ben's arms which was weird because usually when Ben had you in his arms, you didn't have the energy to get out. Ben released her and she stood up. Ben and I were both shocked.

"Ben, this is really weird. She's not even 1 yet." I stated. "Her birthday is next week. Never too early to start." "Yeah, but who taught her?" He shrugged and kissed Christie's cheek. "My little princess is growing up," he cried. I laughed as Ben tickled her and she broke down laughing. This was nice, but it all seemed to go by so fast.

[Jay's POV]

I got home from the grocery store to find Lonnie on the floor sleeping. "Lonnie, you ok?" I said while rubbing her back softly. "I'm tired. Jonnie and Leo wouldn't stop crying and Jayden just wanted to be held the entire time." "Well, you seemed to have gotten them to sleep." I smiled. She looked at me like I was crazy. "They're not here. Carlos and Jane took them out for awhile." "Oh..."

I lifted her and carried her to our bedroom so she could sleep properly. Having triplets was definently a hard thing that the both of us had to devote our lives to, but in the end, it will be worth it.

[Evie's POV]

Doug and I were at the doctor's office doing my weekly check up. The sonogram showed our twins and I cried. "There they are." Doug pointed out. I smiled and held his hand. "So, your twins are very healthy, but they're growing really fast. Why don't you drink more fluids and have a cut back diet for the next 2 weeks." The doctor said.

I nodded and she left. As Doug and I were getting ready to leave, he stopped. "I don't know if I could be a dad, E." "Don't say that, D. You're going to be an awesome dad!" He smiled. "Do we have names yet?" I nodded. "The boy will be Douglas. And the girl will be Eva." I stated.

Douglas and Eva were suggested by iiKawaiiPotato13ii. Thanks so much iiKawaiiPotato13ii for suggesting the names! 😃

[Carlos's POV]

Jane and I brought home Jay and Lonnie's triplets. Jayden and Jonnie were asleep, but Leo was full of energy. "Can you imagine having to deal with triplets all the time, Carlos?" Jane asked. "No. But, I'm pretty sure Jay and Lonnie have it figures out." We went into their rooms to find them both in bed asleep. I walked out quietly with Jane. "Let's take the kids out for ice cream," I said. She nodded and we rushed off.