Chapter 34

[Mal's POV]

Today was my daughter's birthday. Ben and I got her the most wonderful present ever. We held a fabulous party in Auradon. Evie was pumped for the gifts, so we couldn't delay that. "Me first!" Evie bounced. Christie took the present that was covered in glitter heart wrapping paper. It was a fairly small present. Inside was a crystal. "Doug and I made it not long ago."

Christie hugged Evie and Doug. "Thank you, Auntie and Uncle." Carlos and Jane were next. Their present was bigger, and wrapped in candy cane sugar paper. Inside was a ruby necklace with the engraved words: To our beautiful niece, Christie. We love you! Aunt Jane and Uncle Carlos.

Christie jumped for joy! Jay and Lonnie probably had the biggest present ever. Theirs was wrapped in horse wrapping paper. Inside were books about horses. Then, it was time for Ben and I to give our gift. Ben also got a gift for Christie. He got her a picture of our family. Then, she saw the last present. "What is it?" She asked.

"Open it and find out," I replied. She tore it open to find a little white puppy. (Pictured above) "Thank you, Mommy and Daddy!" "What are you going to name her?" Ben asked. "I'm going to call her Minty." She hugged all of us and we had a blast!

[Jay's POV]

As we ate cake at the party, I looked over at Lonnie who was really tired. "Babe, you wanna leave and get some rest?" I asked with a worried tone in my voice. "Yeah," she smiled weakly. We got the kids and went back to our dorm room.

Carlos and Jane stopped by not to long later. "What's up, guys?" Jane asked suddenly. "Lonnie was tired, so we decided to leave early." They nodded together in sync. "Well, if you guys need anything, don't hesitate to ask." Carlos replied happily.

We thanked them and they left quickly. I laid Lonnie on the bed. She was really tired for some reason. "Lonnie, don't fight the urge to sleep, it's ok..." I said kissing her. She laid in bed while peacefully snoring. I chuckled a little when she made a face when she heard her snore.

[Ben's POV]

"Daddy, why can't I stay up, it's my birthday?" Christie asked while tugging at my legs. "Because, Princess, you need your Royal beauty sleep." I smiled. "I don't want royal beauty sleep! I wanna play!" "Christie, you can play tomorrow, but Mommy and I are tired... So, bedtime." "Ugh," she groaned as I carried her to her room.

[Uma's POV]

One week today! The day that King Ben and Queen Mal will fall! I sent out voices to Mal's head like I had did before, only it was going to be a nightmare! When she falls into it, she'll be forced to give me the kingdom!

Harry, Gil, and my crew waited at Maleficent's fortress. For some apparent reason, Gil thought it would be amazing if it was at her place. Oh well, at least we'll finally claim Auradon, and hopefully we won't lose it this time! Hahaha!

[Mal's POV]

Uma. I saw Uma in my mirror. She cackled evily and had purple glowing eyes. "Mal, Mal, Mal, you keep avoiding me." She said as she circled me. "Uma, I don't want any trouble." "Oh, Mal, but I do." She hit me several times until I fell to the ground coughing up blood. "Give me Auradon, and I will release Beasty Boy." She smiled.

"Wh....where is he...?" I asked choking. "Harry, bring him out." Harry dragged Ben who was tied up. He made Ben fall to his knees and he held a knife at his heart. "Now, give me Auradon, or something bad will happen to your true love." "Mal, don't do it." Ben stated. "I'm willing to die for what I love." "No! You die, I die, Ben!" I screamed.

Uma was losing patience. "I didn't think it was going to take this long. Harry, you know what to do." She cackled. Harry had a vicious grin and stabbed Ben in the heart.

"No, Ben!" I woke up screaming. Ben woke up and saw me. "Mal, what happened?" He asked pulling me into a hug. "Harry, killed you..." I sniffed into his chest. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and rocked me in his lap. "Shh, Mal...it's ok, you're safe now..." He said while I bursted into tears.

"Ben?" "Hmm?" He asked. "We need to go to the isle and give Uma Auradon..." He looked at me confused. "If we don't, something bad will happen to you, I just know it!" "Mal..." He said while hugging me again. "We're fine...there's no more threats here in Auradon, we're all safe."

I wasn't totally convinced. "Ben, that dream I had is going to come true...I just know it...." I said hugging him. "Mal, I'll protect you...you have nothing to worry about." "Ben, you don't understand... It's not about protecting me, I need to protect you!" "Then, don't go, Mal." He said while kissing my cheek. I fell back in bed and attempted to fall back asleep.