Chapter 33

[Mal's POV]

I leaned over the lake and saw a girl. I didn't know who she was, she looked similar to me, but it just couldn't be me. I heard chuckling, so I looked up. "Oh, Mal...your husband is so easy to fool...." Harry gleamed. I got up in his face. "You! How could you do this to me! Ben was horrified when he found out that you kissed me!" I yelled. He stroked my cheek. "Baby, forget Ben. He's not worth it."

"He is too worth it. He's the love of my life." I stomped my foot. "I heard he wouldn't let you go anywhere by yourself. Ben wanted a guard around you for 3 months and no one else." Harry circled me. What he said was true. "Ben's only trying to protect me from people like you!" I yelled.

"He doesn't care about you, Mal. Come back to the isle where you'll have people that actually care about you." I got so angry that my face turned red. I didn't have my spell book, but I could write a new spell. I started yelling words and Harry flinched.

"Take this pirate and give him a slap, make him twitch and give his head a tap!" I forced my magic, which got Harry scared. A green orb lasted in my hands for about 4 seconds, and then it disappeared. I tried again, with the same result, and again, and again.

When Harry realized it wasn't doing anything, he laughed. "Mal, you lost your evil touch!" I stepped backwards in shock. Harry came up to me and slapped me. I fell to the ground in pain. He kept on beating me up. Ben showed up and started attacking Harry.

"This is for kissing my Queen!" Ben punched Harry. "And this is for beating her!" He slapped him again and threw him in the lake. Ben rushed to my side and I winced in pain. "Mal, I'm so sorry I wasn't here sooner," he apologized. "It's ok, Ben...we probably should go before Harry gets to us." He nodded and carried me back to our room.

[Ben's POV]

Once I got Mal safetly back to our room, I laid her on the bed. She had bruises everywhere. I grabbed a wet cloth and started attending to the wounds. She winced in pain with every touch from the cloth...she even held my hand. "Ben, stop, I'll be fine." She stated. "Mal, Harry harmed you. I'm going to help you..." I continued washing the wounds till they stopped bleeding.

I laid in bed next to her and caressed her cheek. "I love you, Mal..." I said as she slowly fell asleep. Mal had a small forming smile upon her face which brought me great joy, knowing that my wife was going to be ok. I believed when she believed.

[Evie's POV]

I stopped by Mal and Ben's room. Ben was caressing Mal's cheek as she slept. Ben saw me and got up to go to the door. "Hey, Evie," Ben said. "Hey, Ben...I wanted to talk to Mal, but I think she's busy..." I said with a smile. "Evie, it's not what you think...Harry attacked her and she's really weak." Ben said with a frown. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know..." I sighed. "Its ok." Ben replied.

"Please let me know how she is and when I can talk to her." I said. "Will do," Ben said. I left in a rush to get to Doug. Tonight, he was taking us out for our 3 year anniversary!

[Jay's POV]

Carlos and I were at a carnival with my kids....all 3 of them....Carlos laughed when I put them in a stroller. There were two seats in one, and I had to get another small one for another baby. I slapped him. "Sorry bro, I just think it's weird that you have to have 2 strollers for 3 kids." He signed. "I know. Hopefully some genius will invent a 3-piece stroller." I proclaimed. Carlos stood proudly with a grin painted on his face. I punched him again.

"I mean a brilliant genius, dude." He relaxed and sighed. "I want to be that person, Jay. Teach me to be that person!" He exclaimed as he hopped up and down like a white rabbit. "Listen, all you've gotta do, is look like me and talk like me, and act like me." I chuckled. Carlos punched me and we walked downtown.

[Mal's POV]

Ben was in the nursery with Christie when I woke up. She ran in and jumped on our bed, Ben, soon following after. "Christie, we don't want to make noise, Mommy's tired." Ben said. When he saw me holding her, he walked up slowly. "Sorry, I was trying to not let her run in here," he said. "It's fine, I've been up for awhile." I said still yawning.

"Mommy, why are you hurt?" Christie asked. Ben looked at me in shock. How were we supposed to tell our almost 1 year old daughter that her mother was attacked and kissed by a jerk? "That's something you won't be able to understand, Sweetie. Go with Daddy, it's nap time." She bounced off the bed and jumped into my husband's arms.

I smiled as he carried her back to the nursery. Our daughter was growing up, and I didn't want her to. I don't think Ben wants her to either.