Chapter 17

[Ben's POV]

I looked up at Jay who started to cry. "What do you mean, we're too late?" I said while sobbing. Jay focused his gaze on me. "She's too pale. There's not much color to her anymore. There's no way she's gonna live. I'm sorry, Ben." Jay says while patting my shoulder.

I pick up Mal and take her out of the barrier. It shut down as soon as we walked out, like we were synchronized. Carlos and Evie ran up to us. Evie sobbed and Carlos looked away. We didn't have to tell them what happened, they could just tell.

"I want to take her back to Auradon and see if Fairy Godmother can do something." I said while kissing Mal's cheek. They nodded in unison and we drove back to school.

[Evie's POV]

Ben wanted to be alone with Mal until Fairy Godmother came. Carlos, Jay and I walked around the castle until we bumped into Adam and Belle.

"How's Mal holding up?" Belle asked Jay intently. "Not so well. Ben thinks there's still a way for her to live, but we just don't know." Jay replied. "He's in his bedroom with Mal," Carlos added. They nodded and continued walking around.

[Ben's POV]

Fairy Godmother came in shortly after I placed Mal on the bed. She was in a state of worry. "Fairy Godmother," I said bowing gently. "My King," she answered back. She went up to Mal and examined her. After 10 minutes of waiting, she gave her theory.

"Mal can still be saved. Right now, she's in an unstable state, but not dead. The only way to revive her is for you to give her true....love's....." "What is it Fairy Godmother?" I asked impatiently waiting. "True love's....perfume." She replied with a smile. She held a purple heart shaped bottle towards my nose.

It smelled like lavender. Mal always loved the smell of it. Fairy Godmother handed me the bottle. "Pour this onto her cheeks and she should be back to normal." "Thanks FG, (fairy godmother) but, why isn't it true love's kiss?" I asked curiously.

"You can give her true love's kiss along with the perfume." She smiled. I chuckled as she left in a hurry. I walked back over to Mal and poured a little on each cheek. It was probably going to take her some time to wake up, so I sat there with tears in my eyes, waiting for my love to wake.

[Carlos' POV]

While Ben was still with Mal, we went to the nursery to take care of Christie. She didn't want me or Jay, so we gave her to Evie. She just cried loudly. No one can usually deflect Evie's charm, but this kid had it all.

"This is going to be a long night," I whispered to Jay as Evie rocked Christie in her lap. Jay punched me and laughed.

[Mal's POV]

I woke up and had a nasty headache. I couldn't really tell where I was, so I tried getting up. My body ached all over and I groaned as I fell backwards. A pair of deep brown eyes looked at me with shock. "Mal, you're alive!" He said happily. "Yes, Ben. I am."

He hugged me which caused me more pain. "Ow!" I screeched. "Sorry, Baby. Does it hurt?" I nodded and tears fell down my face. "It's probably normal, you'll be ok." He kissed my forehead. "Ben, I have a headache." He nodded and called the doctor. The doctor gave me some pain relievers for the night and I felt drowsy.

Darkness circled me as I struggled to keep my eyes open. "Ben, don't leave me." I cried holding his hand. "Don't worry, Mal. I won't leave your side. I'll be here when you wake up." Ben kissed my cheek as I fell asleep peacefully.