Coughing

Completely edited

[Mal's POV]

I looked up at Ben who was still holding my arms. "Ben, don't you have to go back to work?" He touched my hair. "Don't worry about that, Mal. I'm here for you, and nothing else." "You should go back to work." His face became angry, well, angry and scared. "Mal, I can't leave you." "I'll be fine, babe. I'll come and get you if I need anything." He nodded and kissed me before leaving for his office.

[Carlos' POV]

I was walking by Mal and Ben's room when I heard a scream. I rushed in the room to see Mal freaking out. I held her face. "Mal, you ok?" Her eyes glowed green. It was almost like she was turning evil again. "Mal!" She snapped out of it and fainted. I ran to get Evie and Jay.

After I reached them and told them what happened, we ran all the way to Ben's office. Evie did the talking.

[Evie's POV]

We got to Ben's office panting. Ben looked at us with confusion and worry. "Evie, Jay, Carlos, is everything ok?" "Ben, it's Mal..." Ben bursted for the door and we followed close behind him.

Ben rushed through the door to see Mal coughing up blood. The covers and her clothes were already stained. Ben rushed to her side while Carlos got some towels, Jay got some water, and I called the doctor.

[Ben's POV]

Mal was still coughing up blood and there was nothing I could do. I held her hand and tried to get her to see me. "Mal, look at me!" I started crying my heart out. The doctor came in shortly and injected something into Mal's arm. I asked Jay, Carlos and Evie to leave while I stayed with Mal. I hope she was going to be alright. She passed out after the shot. I hope she'd wake up soon.

[Mal's POV]

I woke up with a headache. Ben was sitting on the bed next to me. He flinched as I groaned. "What happened?" "You started coughing up blood. Evie and the others came to me and the doctor gave you a shot." I looked at the bed which was stained with blood, same as my clothes. "Did I do this?" I asked fearfully.

My husband nodded and I started hyperventilating again. "How could I do this?" I said softly. "Mal..." Ben took my hand and kissed it. "You're going to be ok, baby." I nodded and relaxed.

[Jay's POV]

We went to see Mal a few days later. Ben stayed because he worried about Mal the most. "Hey, kiddo. How're you feeling?" She laid her head against Ben's chest in fear. Ben rubbed her stomach and whispered in her ear. "It's ok, Mal...talk to them." "I feel scared..." She said softly.

Evie and Carlos looked at each other as I stared in awe (and not in a good way). I didn't know what to think of it. Evie, Carlos and I left for awhile for Ben to discuss things with Mal. We all hoped she'd get better, but it seemed to feel like it would take forever.

[Uma's POV]

I looked up at the sky over the isle. Tonight, it seemed darker than before. Usually, we VKs knew what that meant. Mal was turning evil again. Her mother, Maleficent, ruled the Isle of the Lost. She held power over us, and her daughter was going to take her place. That is, she was. Mal saw goodness at Auradon and became a prissy pink princess.

It made me sick to see my old enemy ruling Auradon with a fair and gentle hand. But, now that she was turning evil again, there is hope at the isle.