Chaper 30

[Mal's POV]

Ben. That's who I first saw when I arrived in Auradon. The first boyfriend I ever had. I walked with him to the he Enchanted Lake where we had our first date. Ben was smiling at me. "You look beautiful." He gleamed. "Thanks," I blushed.

We sat down and had strawberries. He took off his shirt and lifted me up. "Let's go swimming." He stated. "Ok," I said. He laid me gently in the water. We swam together as I held his hand. I never could swim by myself because I was afraid I'd drown without him by my side.

The next thing I knew, Ben got out of the water leaving me. "Ben, you know I can't swim without your help. Where are you going?" I asked shakily. "I'm leaving you, Mal. I never cared about you. Goodbye."

I watched him disappear into the night as I screamed for him to help me. I finally sank down to the bottom of the lake and took my last breath.

I screamed loudly. I hugged my knees on the king sized bed that I shared with my king. He was nowhere in sight. I sat there crying continuously. I know it's just a dream, but I couldn't pull myself out of that state of mind.

[Evie's POV]

Today, Doug and I get to find out what baby we're having. The doctor spread blue gel all over me. Doug held my hand and smiled. "I'm so proud of you." The doctor took notes on the sonogram and showed us. "Here are your babies. Twins. Boy and girl." The doctor smiled. "Twins!" Doug screamed. "Babe, calm down." He took a deep breath and smiled again. "I'm so happy, E!"

"Me too," I said. We finished and went to go see Jay, Lonnie, and the newborn triplets.

Ok guys. So, Evie and Doug are having a boy and a girl. Twins! You guys can say a list of names and I'll give a shout out to the people whose names are in the story. So please suggest a lot of names, thanks! 😀

[Ben's POV]

It was 10 A.M. and I haven't seen Mal since I woke up this morning. Normally on Saturdays, she'd wake up at 8 and be at my office by 9 to talk to me about how school's going. But, she was nowhere. I searched all the usual places, but she was nowhere. So I tried going back to the bedroom that we had. It was closed.

I opened it to find Mal in a curled up ball on the bed crying. I rushed over to her and hugged her. "Mal, what's wrong?" I asked hoping she would answer, but she still cried. "Mal, please tell me what's wrong..." I tried again. I hated seeing her like this. She hugged my arms tightly and looked at me.

"I drowned." "What do you mean you drowned?" I asked. "A dream, Ben. You and I were at the lake swimming and suddenly, you got up and left me to drown." I hugged Mal tighter than before. "Mal, that would never happen and you know that." "I still feel like I'm in a dream." She cried. Seeing her like this hurt me even more, and there was nothing I could do.

"Why don't we head over to my office so you can spend the day with me?" I asked intently. "No..." She shook her head. "I don't want to go anywhere, Ben." She curled back up into a ball and cried again. I sighed deeply and rummaged through my brain on what I could do. I actually couldn't take the day off because I've been neglecting the work and now I'm behind.

I pulled her into my lap and waited for her to calm down. "It's ok, Mal. Shh, you're ok." She looked up at me with bloodshot eyes and a frown formed on her face. "Mal, I'm gonna take you to the doctor and you're gonna get some sleep, ok?" She shook her head, but I picked her up anyway and we drove to the hospital.

[Carlos' POV]

Jane and I were playing with Jay and Lonnie's triplets. Jane had Jonnie and Leo while I had Jayden. They were all so cute! Sometimes, when they were close together, they seemed to hug each other. "Jane, look." I said while showing her. "Awe, they're so cute!" She gleamed. "Jane, I can't wait till you and I have kids." "What?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing. I mean...I said, I can't wait till you and I go to the Flamingos and Monkeys performance next week." "What flamingo and monkey performance, Carlos?" She asked. I shrugged. "I don't know." She laughed and we sat with the kids for a while.

[Uma's POV]

"Ugh! That King! How dare he trick me!" I screamed while pacing around Maleficent's lair. "That's King Ben for you, Maleficent said while rubbing her nails together. "He's always tricky." "We have to do something! I want Auradon!" I blurted out. Maleficent held my chin. "And we will, but we need a new strategy."

I slumped back into a chair and put my hands in my head. How is it possible that King Ben avoids every situation we throw at him? "Aha! I got it!" I jumped up. Maleficent looked at me with awe. "In 1 week, we shall take over Auradon once and for all!" I cackled evily.

[Mal's POV]

"Ben, I don't want to be here, I'm fine..." I groaned. "Mal, you're not ok. You haven't gotten any better than you have a few days ago. That's why we're here." Ben laid me in a hospital bed while the doctor did a check up. "She's in perfect health, I'm just not understanding why she has bloodshot eyes, Your Highness." The doctor said. "She hasn't been sleeping well." Ben replied.

The doctor nodded and he took notes. "Give her plenty of rest at home. Try to limit work this week, Your Highness, she needs someone with her." Ben nodded and took me home. I laid in bed next to Ben. I kept my distance from him, almost like I was afraid of him. As soon as he tried to get closer to me, I jumped up and ran to Evie's dorm.