Ben's Doubt

Completely edited

[Mal's POV]

I started feeling dizzy. My eyesight was twisted, and my head felt beat up. I looked at Ben who was now crying. "Mal, how could you?" "I'm sorry, Ben. It was the only way to save Auradon." I said quietly. "Mal, you're not gonna die, I promise." He said kissing my cheek.

"Isn't there any way to reverse the curse, Mal?" "There is. But it's almost not possible." Ben looked at me eagerly. "I won't see you die! Please, tell me what it is." I held his hand. "You have to drag a knife through my heart so that I may pass through painlessly and be restored back to health." "Mal, I don't want to kill you." "If you do, I can be brought back to life."

He nodded and asked Jay for a dagger. Ben laid me on the ground and held the dagger above my heart. "I love you, Mal. Come back to me." He cried. "I love you too, Ben. I'll come back for you." I breathed deeply and looked into his swollen eyes. He was going to hurt himself after this, I just know it. "Ben, look at me," I pleaded. He nodded and held his breath.

The dagger flew into my heart like a rock hitting the bottom of the bay. It was heartbreaking (literally). I smiled at Ben one last time and shut my eyes. Now, I just need to break out of my sleep. Ben wasn't going to like this, but I needed to use more magic to wake myself up.

[Ben's POV]

What did I do? What did I just do? I killed my queen. I felt terrible. I tried killing myself with the bloody dagger, but Evie took it from me. "She said she would come back, Ben. Don't kill yourself." "Evie, she's dead. I killed her. It was my hand that laid upon her and ended her life." I cried into my hands.

My wife's body laid at my feet, cold and lifeless. I kissed her cold forehead and picked her up. "How can she live again?" I asked with pity. "We don't know," Carlos budged in. "But, we do know that she can do it. She just needs time." I held her closer to my chest and we went back to Auradon.

I laid her on the bed and whispered in her ear. "Please come back to me...I need you." I cried into her neck and drained the life out of me.

[Jay's POV]

Ben has been hard on himself since Mal's death. I feel like crying, but I know she'll come back somehow. Carlos, Evie and I leave Ben alone in the bedroom to cool off. He feels so guilty.

[Carlos' POV]

We all went to the library to tell Adam and Belle. They cried of course, which didn't help. I started feeling warm tears leave my eyes. "Guys, she's coming back." Evie says holding our hands. "She's strong and smart. She'll find a way." We all went in for a group hug for awhile and then went off to dinner.

[Evie's POV]

After dinner, I went to Ben and Mal's room to see how they were doing. Christie lay in the crib in the nursery. Lonnie and Jay took care of her while Ben cried for Mal. I placed a hand on his shoulder. "She'll make it, Ben." He nodded and got up.

"I need to see my little princess." He said softly. I led him to the nursery and gave him the baby. "We'll leave you two alone," Jay said. We all went downstairs.

[Ben's POV]

I held Christie tightly. My eyes started to water when I saw her sleeping. "Hey, Baby Girl. Mommy's asleep right now, same as you. I miss her and I bet you do too. I love you." I kissed her head and placed her back in the crib.

I heard a soft moan, so I looked up. No one was around, so I went to investigate the suspicious sound.

[Mal's POV]

I was in a pitch black room. It was really creepy. A light shone above my head and spoke to me. "Mal, you must go back." It showed me Ben and the others. They were all upset, but mostly Ben. I saw him trying to kill himself, I can't believe he would do that.

The light changed colors from blue, to red, to yellow, to green, to purple. It spoke again, loud and clear. "Go back to your loved ones, they need you." I closed my eyes shut and breathed deep. I opened my eyes again to find myself in the bedroom. My head started hurting so I held it.

"Ow." It felt like it was burning up. A figure came to me. It was Ben, he looked shocked to see me. "Mal? Is that you?" I nodded my head. He picked me up and cried. "Mal, I'm so happy you're back. I'm sorry I had to do that to you." I put a finger on his lips. "I told you I'd come back. A vision came to me. I saw you try to kill yourself. Why, Ben?"

He stood there speechless. "Ben, please tell me." I cried. "I thought you weren't able to come back. I had doubt, Mal." He sighed in frustration. "Then who would've taken care of Christie?" I asked scared. He shrugged. "I guess I didn't think that through." We kissed and spent time cuddling with each other.

We're going to tell the others soon that I'm alive and well. But for now, we're here to love in the moment.