Chapter 22

[Mal's POV]

I was crying again in my room. I can't take it! I haven't seen Ben for awhile and I can't imagine what he's going through...I just don't have the courage to go see him right now. I guess I didn't need to, because when I looked up, there he was, sitting right next to me on our bed.

"Hey, Sweetie, are you ok?" He asked me. I turned away ashamed and mumbled to myself. I can't believe I did that to you, Ben. He hugged me tightly. "Mal, you can tell me anything. Please? I'm sorry I went all 'beast' on you again." He apologized.

I wiped my eyes and held him tightly. "Ben, I'm the one who should be saying sorry, I hurt you, I guess I was just being selfish." "No, it's not. Mal, I just wanted you to be safe. After almost losing you at the cliffside, I felt like I wouldn't be able to carry on. But, I knew that I was just pressuring you more."

He kissed me and tucked me in bed. "Ben, please stay..." I complained. "I wasn't planning on going anywhere." He smiled. He climbed into bed and cuddled with me.

[Carlos' POV]

Jane and I were still watching Prettier Parties when it started to rain. "Carlos, look...." Jane pulled me to the window. Shades of grey filled the sky and blue raindrops sank down to earth. It was so beautiful.

"Hey, Jane?" I asked scared. "Yeah?" "I've always wanted to play in the rain." I said shyly. A smile formed on her face and we raced outside in our PJs. She splashed me as I splashed her. Our lives were amazing!

[Evie's POV]

Doug and I were reading in the library when I noticed the rain. "Doug, what's that?" I asked as I hopped into his lap. "Rain...." I clutched onto him tightly as he laughed. "Evie, I'll protect you..." He answered.

Doug was so sweet. He hasn't exactly asked me to marry him, but I think he wants to take it slow. Totally understandable. I don't want to rush anything either because you know that when we get married, we're going to have a make out session. I don't want to wake up in 2 weeks to find out that I'm pregnant.

Oh, well. At least I still have him as a boyfriend. He pulled out 2 blankets and wrapped ourselves in them. I cuddled into his chest as Mrs. Potts started a fire.

[Jay's POV]

Lonnie and I went to the doctor's office again. She said she'd been feeling sick. I don't know if it had to due with her pregnancy or if it was just common sickness. The doctor checked and had widened eyes.

"Lonnie, Jay? You 2 are not having a boy...you're having 3!" "What?" I yelled. Lonnie looked freaked out. "I can't have triplets!" She screamed. "We're not even married yet!" I held my fiancées hand and tried to calm her down. "Baby, it's going to be ok."

She nodded and I carried her back to our room. She instantly fell asleep the second she touched the bed. We planned for the wedding to be in 2 weeks. That should give us enough time before she actually has the baby...or should I say....babies....

[Mal's POV]

I was running towards the Enchanted Lake....Ben, following close behind me. "Mal, please, don't do this..." I hugged him and my mother and Uma showed up. "Well, well. Beasty boy and Mal just can't get enough of each other." Uma gleamed. "If you want him to live, you come with us." I looked at Ben who was shaking his head and then back at Uma.

"Ugh, just choose already!" My mother groaned. I kissed my husband goodbye and went with them...but we didn't leave. A barrier was around me at the enchanted lake where I couldn't get to Ben. He pounded on the glass trying to break through.

My mother mumbled a spell that slowly killed me. Ben was screaming my name for a full 5 minutes. I fell down and blacked out.

I bursted out of bed and looked around. I was in the bedroom. Ben was sleeping on my right. Thank goodness he didn't hear. I got up and went to the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror. Spots were upon my eyes. I swore I could've seen a figure with horns in black cackling at my reflection, but I'm not sure. Black smoke appeared around me, and I blacked out.

The next thing I knew, Ben was holding me in his arms on the bed. "Ben?" I asked weakly. "Mal!" He kissed my head. "I was so worried! I found you on the bathroom floor and I didn't know what to do!" He kissed me again. I smiled, then I heard voices.

"Run away from home...and NEVER return! If you do, beasty boy is already dead! If you disobey, suffer the consequences!

I cried and flung out of Ben's arms. He was confused as I started running towards the edge of Auradon.

[Ben's POV]

I rushed towards the barrier where Mal was. She tried falling off the edge, but I caught her. "Mal, why do you keep doing this? I asked shakily. "More threatening voices, Ben! They said I was never to return! If I did, you'd be dead...what good is living without you or without coming home?"

"Its not, Mal...but you are staying here...you're not leaving. Your friends will take care of you and I will take care of you. Please, I don't want to lose you again..." She shook her head. "This is for your own good Ben, and for the good of Auradon."

She took off her wedding ring that I gave her on that special day and threw it at me. Tears drained down my face as I held it. (Pictured above) She looked back at me and smiled. "I'll always love you, Ben..." She kissed me one last time and fell into the water. "Mal!" I screamed. I searched the water but couldn't find her! What do I do now? The love of my life is probably dead! I know, I'll have to go to the isle and teach those voices a lesson!