The Nightmare

Completely Edited

[Evie's POV]

I headed for Mal and Ben's room to try and apologize for yesterday since I hadn't been seeing her. Some friend I am. I knocked on the door and Ben answered. "Hey, Evie." He said with a smile. "Hey, Ben. Is Mal here?" He looked in the room for a second and then back at me. "I'm sorry, Evie. But, she's resting. We found out she's pregnant and it's been kicking at her hard."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt, I just wanted to apologize for yesterday. I told Mal something that made her angry and I shouldn't have." "I'll let her know you stopped by." "Thanks, I hope she gets better." "Thanks, Evie." I left in a hurry to get to Jay and Carlos before classes started.

[Mal's POV]

I felt sick again so I headed for the bathroom to puke again. I heard a knock on the door. "Mal? You ok?" I unlocked the door and he came rushing in. "You ok?" "Sickness, Ben." He helped me to my feet after I was done and laid me on the bed.

He laid next to me reading a book as I slept (or at least tried to sleep). I had a nightmare. My mother was talking to me back at the isle. "You disappointed me, Mal." "I'm not like you, Mother!" She cackled evilly. "That's a shame. At least you can try to save your loved one." I looked around to see Ben on his knees suffering. I tried to get to him, but I was surrounded by fire. Ben fell through a pit and I cried.

I started hyperventilating and couldn't breathe. Ben held my hand and spoke to me calmly. "It's ok, I'm here. You're safe." I hugged him tightly. "Ben, it was terrible. My mother made you fall down a pit and I couldn't save you. It was torture." I said crying hard into his arms.

He made me look at him. "Mal, listen to me, I'm always going to protect you. You have nothing to worry about." "But, what if it gets to you and you're in danger?" I sniffed. "I'm not going to let that happen, Mal. I'm always here for you." He kissed my hand and I fell asleep.

[Ben's POV]

After Mal's nightmare, she went back to sleep. I held my arms around her until I got a call. "Hello? Yeah. Sure." I looked at Mal who was sleeping like a baby. "Can it wait? Ok. Yeah, I'll be there in 10." I started walking to the door when Mal called my name.

"Ben?" I swiftly made it to the bed. "Yes, Mal?" "Where're you going?" I sighed deeply. "I have to attend a meeting. My dad said it was urgent and it can't be missed, I'm sorry." She kissed me. "Try to get some more rest, Mal. I'll be back to see you later." She nodded and I walked off to my meeting.

[Carlos' POV]

"She's what???" I was going to lose my head. "Shh, Carlos! No one else can know about this!" Evie whispered/yelled at me. "Sorry. When did they find out?" "Not that long ago. Ben said Mal's stressed out about it. They weren't really expecting it to be so sudden." Jay scratched his head. "Why doesn't my girlfriend have a baby?"

"Maybe because she's not ready. Either that, or she's not interested in you." I said laughing. He punched my arm hard. Evie pulled us apart. "Mal and Ben aren't dating, they're married!" "Ohhhh." Jay and I said together. "I guess we forgot, Evie."

She rolled her eyes as we went off to 'Magic's Miracles of Love' class. It wasn't my favorite since I had a girlfriend and didn't need magic to prove it.