.6. Why me?

//Cas POV//

As I park in the student parking lot, I look over at Gabriel. "Okay, you got everything?" I ask him, checking him over to see his backpack stuffed. "Yup, and I got my suckers!" He winks at me and then scurries out. I roll my eyes as I climb out, grabbing my bag and trenchcoat. Gabriel definitely loved his lollipops.

I start to walk towards the football field when someone catches my eye. I glance over and see Mr. Problem talking to someone. I quickened my pace and started to climb the bleachers towards the bouncing red head at the top.

"Hey, Charles!" I wave to Charlie who's already running down to give me a hug. "Hi Cas! Thanks for getting here on time.." she gives me a sly smile as she pulled me to the top of the seats. "I was late one time!" I say fake angrily. She only laughed and sat me down next to her. "Soo...." Charlie says with a wink. I give her a slight shove and roll my eyes. "I'm done with him." She only gave me a knowing look. "Really, I'm done! Yes, he's in my classes but I'm so not going to fall for him again." I say dramatically. "Okay fine, anyway I have to get to class. See you later Cas!" She says before getting up and walking down the steps, waving goodbye to me. I wave back but decide to stay a little longer.

As I sat there, I could see the whole school and it's students walking around. I quickly spotted Dean having an argument with his ex-girlfriend Lisa. To be honest, you couldn't miss them. He looked pissed and started to storm away before she grabbed his arm. He jerked away from her, yelled some choice words at her and stormed into the building.

I watched all the students start to walk in and then it hit me. I glanced down at my phone and saw I had 2 minutes to get to class. I jumped up and ran down the bleachers, trying not to trip in the process. I bolted into the building and slide into my classroom right when the bell rang, intrrupting whatever my teacher was saying. I stopped and stood there trying to catch my breath while the whole class just stared at me.

I slowly looked up and realized that I was the center of attention for my first period class. I quickly made my way to me seat in the back as a slow blush crept up my neck. "Nice of you to join us, Mr. Novak. As I was saying you will have a group project on our next subject. You will work in pairs and at the end of class, you will have some time to figure out who you will work with." Ms. Mills continued on with the lesson but I didn't hear a thing. I was freaking out on the inside. All i could like of was that I had to work with someone and I knew no one in this class other than Mr. Problem. I'm screwed.

At the end of the lesson, we had 10 minutes left to find our partners. I slowly collected my things and just sat there, not wanting to approach anyone. Why do I have to work with someone. I hate everyone. Maybe Ms. Mills will let me work by myself. I perked up at the thought and walked over to her desk. "Uh, Ms. Mills?" "Yes, Mr. Novak?" She asked, looking up from whatever she was reading. "Um, I was wondering- since I'm really good in this class- well, can I do this project by myself?" I ask studering. Good job looking confident. She looked at me with a kind smile and was about to agree until someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turn around and immediately my breath hitched. "Hey, I heard you didn't have a partner. I'm free if you want?" Said Dean, giving me a cheeky grin. I sat there staring at him until Ms. Mills perked up. "There you go Mr. Novak. I think you and Mr. Winchester will be a great pair." She smiled and then dismissed the class.

I quickly walked around him to grab my stuff and scurried out the door. I heard a soft hey but I kept on walking. Why do I have to work with him? Ugh, this is just great. As I walked, I felt a hand on my shoulder making me freeze and turning around. There stood Dean catching his breath, smiling. "Jeez you walk fast." Me and Dean started to walk together down the hallway. "So, what's your name?" I give him a side-long look before saying,"Castiel Novak." He smiled and pulled his hand out, I'm guessing for me to shake. I looked at it and then slowly shock his hand. "My name's Dean! Anyway, when do you want to meet up?" I tensed and looked over at him, stopping in my tracks. "What?" I say, making Dean stop and turn around, realizing I had stopped. "We are partners, so when are you free to start working?" He said, an amused smile playing on his face.

I internally face palmed myself. Idiot. Of course that's why he wants to hang out with you. "Um, I'm free this afternoon." I say, looking down at my feet. "Okay cool. Here's my phone number, text me your address and we can meet up later." Dean says handing me a small piece of paper with his number on it. "Okay." I glanced at the paper before heading to my class again. "See you later, Cas!" Dean hollered before walking in the opposite way.

Did he just call me Cas?