.20. You're a beautiful thing

Castiel didn't know where Dean was taking him. All he knew was that the drive was beautiful and long. The winding road threw the bare trees, the brisk wind hitting the cars windows, and the sweet smell of cinnamon and pine filled his senses. Dean grinned over at Cas, he was pressed against the glass watching the outside world buzz by.

Not many people would drive out here, especially during the early winter but Dean felt it was worth it. He headed towards his uncle's log cabin, a cute little house sitting on multiple acres of land. It wasn't much but the view was worth everything. Hidden from prying eyes deep in the forest, Bobby's cabin was perfect when you needed to step back from the crazy atmosphere of their town.

Cas could tell Dean was excited about something but also bugged him. In the way his eyes crinkled at the edges and his fast rising chest, Dean was nervous. But Cas had no idea why. Castiel just thought this was a fun trip they were taking but for Dean, this trip will change everything. For better or worse.

//Cas POV//

Dean pulled up to a small but adorable cabin. It was surrounded by large trees and overgrowth, making it almost invisible in it's environment. I climb out of the car and look around. No one else or man-made object was here, just the quite chirping of birds and the dashing of squirrels. 

I start to walk towards the house, smiling from ear to ear. I loved vacationing in the woods. It brought back a lot of happy memories with my family. I look around and spot something leading me away from the cabin. I can hear Dean walking behind me as I venture into the woods, following an almost undetected path threw the trees. As I walk, I spot winter flowers and little critters running about. I run my hands across the trees as I walk by, the smell of the wild guiding me towards the end of the path. The trees start to clear out to reveal a frozen over lake looking over my town. The rolling hills and small houses on display in front of me. I smile at the sight.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Dean says softly. He walks over to me and stands beside me. I look over at him and nod. I wanted to enjoy this moment without speaking. I walk forward a little bit and then sit down on the cold ground. I run my hands over the frozen grass and shiver slightly as the wind blows against me. Dean bends down and throws his leather jacket over my shoulders. He then sighs, gracefully sitting down next to me.

Neither one of us speaks, just looking out over the hills and tall trees.

I stare out at the beautifully cold world in front of me. I start to feel cold little drops fall on my face. I look up and find it's snowing. I smile softly. Snow was one of my mother's favorite things. A small tear leaks out of the corner of my eye catching Dean's attention.

"What's wrong?" Dean asks quietly. I look towards him, my smile growing as memories flood my mind. "Nothing." I shake my head. My mother always made us run outside and watch the snow fall. She'd smile wide and hug me tightly as snow landed in our hair. She'd call me her little angel as the snow looked like a Halo on my dark hair. "This just reminds me of my mother." I bring my hand up and snowflakes began to pile in my palm. I look down and chuckle, shaking my hand out to get rid of the cold feeling. She would have liked Dean. If only I could ask her about my feels for him.

"Hopefully happy memories?" Dean asks. I glance at him and smile. "Yeah. She loved snow. She'd always make us run and play in it when it fell. It was one of the few times my father would forget about work and have fun with us." Dean grins at me as more tears fall down my face. I miss her.

I lean my head on Dean's shoulder. I feel him tense up but then relax. "She would have liked you." I say softly. "She was adventures and kind and stubborn and strong-willed, just like you. She always stood up for what she believed in and looked out for others. Family and good food were her biggest priorities." I laugh at the end. "She sounds amazing. I wish I knew her." Dean says sadly.

I look up. Dean was staring at me, right in the eye. His green eyes glowed against the graying skies. Snow clinged to his hair and broad shoulders making me smile. He looked gorgeous.

"Cas, can I tell you something?" He asks. I shift my body so I'm sitting in front of him. "Of course, Dean." He takes a deep breath and glances down before looking back up at me. "This is probably the worst timing and I'm gonna screw it up, but I really need to get something off my chest and I have to do it now or I might burst. Cas, do you know what it feels like to almost burst? It hurts like hell-," I put my hand over his mouth to stop his rambling. "Dean, stop rambling. You can tell me." I give him a small smile, trying to reassure him.

"Alright. Cas, ever since I met you, I knew I was in for an adventure. With your sarcastic remarks and nerdy personality, it wasn't hard to be your friend. You made each day so much more fun and worth living for. I'm so lucky to call you my best friend." Dean's eyes glow with happiness as he talks about our friendship. I smile at him. "You made school tolerable and you were always there for me, as I was for you. I always felt like I could be myself with you. You made me feel at home. Whole." He takes another deep breath before continuing.

"But, when you went missing, I had never felt so alone. I felt so lost and empty without you. I didn't know what was happening to me and it scared me. Without you, everything was gray and sad and I didn't know why. I know now that it was because I love you, Cas. I thought I was never going to see you again and it killed me to think that. Everyday that you were gone destroyed a little piece of me. And I didn't want to think that you might be dead. But when I found you, it was the best day of my life." He grabs my hands and squeezes softly. "I hope you know how much you changed my life for the better. You were my angel who pulled me out of hell."

I sit there shocked. Dean loves me. He called me his angel. Just like my mom.

I look up and meet the nervous eyes of Dean. I don't think I've ever smiled so big until I see it reflected on Dean's face. I pull him into a hug, throwing my arms around his neck. I'm laughing and crying as I pull away and look at him. His eyes are filled with so much joy and love. It's contagious.

I cup his face and lean in. Heck, if he likes me why not do this. I think it's about time. My lips connect with Dean's and I feel him smile into it. It was quick and gentle but meant the world to me. I pull away first and then smack him on the arm. "Oww!" Dean yelps.

"Dean Winchester, it's about time." I laugh at him. This was perfect. "I don't know if you knew this but I've had a crush on you since sophomore year and I've been thinking about what it would have felt like to kiss you. And you know what? Better than I thought." I wink and giggle at him as he stares at me with a bewildered look. "Really?!" Dean asks. "Yeah." I smile. "Charlie threw so many hints your way, but I guess I didn't work if it's such a shock that I like you back. But yes, I was so happy to be your friend and now..." I trail off trying to figure out what we are now. Dean chuckles and cups my face gently. "Castiel Novak, will you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?" He asks, smiling from ear to ear.

"I don't know, I got a lot of people lining up to be with me but-," Dean glares at me, shaking his head softly. I burst out laughing, my eyes watering a little bit. "Just kidding. Of course!" I almost shout. I crash our lips together again and hug him.

Finally. Dean's mine and I'm his.

Best. Trip. Ever.