Abyss: A Look At The Future #1

"You can't escape! There is nowhere to run!" yelled the voice from behind Overdrive. He was really hurt, even for an Infinisapien. The blue glow of his body dimmed, his black metallic skin cracked and broken, and his self healing was damaged so it was healing slowly cell by cell. He was reduced to trying to crawl away, pull the leaver and end it all.

"Not getting away that easily!" yelled the voice behind him as it lunged it's foot right into Overdrive's legs completely shattering them. His almost omnipotent powers barely working. Overdrive felt a kick from the side and went flying and hitting the metal wall. He fell to the ground looking at his opponent. It was a different version if his friend Humatrix, but it had white skin instead of black, and blue stripes instead of orange.

"Is that all you got?" mocked the look-alike.

"I can't lose! Not here!" yelled Overdrive as he pushed his power forward, he self healed but still had some cracks on his body. His right arm extended into a glowing blue blade. He ran towards the enemy, just as the Humatrix look-alike stretched it's blue claws all piercing through Overdrive's limbs. Overdrive fell back down, but he still refused to fall to his knees.

"I can't allow you to win," said Overdrive getting back up.
----------

In another room it was Flame who was fighting. He was barely able to stand, blood dripping from his right arm that held his sword. The enemy before him looked like Frostbite, but instead of the usual blue, this one had a light tone of gray, and dark red eyes.
Flame swung his blade trying to cut the mutated necrofriggian but the room was all crackling with electricity that didn't allow him to go intangible.

Flame swung his blade that shot fire but the swift opponent flew and avoided his attacks. He quickly came behind Flame and tried to strike Flame, but he quickly blocked with his blade and pushed the mutated necrofriggian.

"I need to win! For my friends!" yelled Flame as he started trying to stab the mutated necrofriggian, but the opponent hit his blade making him miss and it got stuck in the ground.

"Damn you!" yelled Flame as he started punching his opponent with fire engulfed fists.

"I win!" yelled Flame as he saw his opponents head fall back. Suddenly a clawed hand shot up, and it reached at Flame's left eye.

"GAH!" yelled Flame as he fell back, his left hand covered the bleeding left side of his face. The mutated necrofriggian stood up, laughing, Flame's eye in his hand.

"You guy's can't win this," he said as he floated towards Flame.