Corruption: The Beginning

Location: Alpha League Base In The Space Between Universes

The Alpha League had returned to their base, that was in the space between universes. They had returned from the Abyss Union's station, that had been left until the found some way to completely destroy it. It had been left under a protective barrier made by Humatrix and Mist. They had healed the best they could. Flame's eye was healed, and most of the members were healed as well. Even Genos' arms were repaired. The team were also followed by Elena, who had said she was related to Overdrive. Not even Humatrix could figure out where she came from, but he could sense no danger from her.

The team arrived to their base, were Nighto, and Johnathen sitting next to her.

"Hey guys, how the mission go?" asked Nighto.

"We... had better," said Flame opening his hoodie to show the huge scar on his chest.

"Umm... who is that?" asked Nighto pointing at Elena.

"She is Elena, she says she is somehow related to Overdrive," said Humatrix.

"Overdrive... has a sister?" asked Nighto.

"Nighto... no. She has met him before apparently," said Mystican.

"So what did you guys find?" asked John.

------An Hour Later------

"What!?" yelled Nighto in shock, "Overdrive is gone!? How can that be possible!?"

"When it was all over, Overdrive and Negamatrix had just disappeared, along with a fifth of the base."

"But Overdrive and Negamatrix would end up in an eternal battle right? How could this happen?" asked Nighto.

"I have no idea. Beings like us usually end up in an eternal conflict, but thanks to Overdrive we managed to get the advantage, but he never told us how he managed to defeat Negamatrix, if he defeated him," said Humatrix.

"I am responsible for his defeat," said Elena. The team turned around in shock.

"What do you mean? He is a Matrixian, how could he have been defeated," asked Humatrix.

"When Overdrive got hit by Negamatrix's ultimate attack, that is exactly like yours, I deviated all the energy and anti-energy from hitting Overdrive. But he did take damage do to all the pressure, but he survived. When Overdrive attacked, I charged up his attack with his, Negamatrix, and a small amount of your power Humatrix," explained Elena.

"I-impossible, how can anyone do that?" asked Night Mist in shock.

"I will reveal all in time, but right now we must wait until the storm comes," said Elena, her face as expressionless as ever.

"What storm?" asked Frostbite.

"That I cannot say, for it goes against the law, but you must trust me and wait," said Elena, "Do not search for Overdrive, you will find him soon."

The room was completely quiet, but the silence was disturbed when a voice spoke.

"I don't like her presence partner," said a voice behind Nighto.