Alpha League Short #9: Who Is The Strongest?

Alpha League Base

"Soooo... how long till he wakes up?" asked Flame.

"Dunno. Maybe if you hadn't blast him with the professor's machine everything would be better," said Nighto as he and the rest of the team looked down at Overdrive who had been shot with a sleep-inducing ray from the Professor's vault.

"I wonder what dreams Overdrive has?" said Humatrix.

"I got the prefect thing for that!" said Flame as he pulled another weird blaster from a bag.

"How many things did you take!" yelled Frostbite.

"A few... well, who wants to enter his mind?" said Flame.

"Hmm... that could be fun," said Genos, "What's the worse that could happen?"

"Don't you think this might be a bit intrusive?" said Night Mist.

"Nah. It will be fine. You guys ready?" said Flame. The others nodded, and Flame then activated the blast. And then they entered Overdrive's dream.

———

"Woah, this is a pretty nice palace," said Mystican as he looked around a decorated and intricate palace.

"I wonder where is Overdrive?" said Night Mist.

"Umm... really self-centered isn't he?" said Humatrix as he looked at a wall filled with self-portraits of Overdrive all over the place.

"Look at this book," said Flame as he took a book out of a bookcase, "It's called Overdrive: Strongest In The Infiniverse.

"Let's keep looking around," said Nighto. The team continued walking down the hallways until they reached a throne room. Sitting on the throne was no other than Overdrive. He wore a red cape with a crown.

"You guys are here! Took you long enough," said Overdrive.

"Umm, what is going on Overdrive?" asked Humatrix.

"Humatrix, get me a smoothie," said Overdrive as he leaned comfortably on his throne.

"What?" said a shocked Humatrix.

"I said to get me a smoothie. Wouldn't want to keep the strongest being in the Infiniverse waiting," said Overdrive snobbishly, "And you Flame, get some entertainment going."

"I don't have to listen to you!" said Flame defiantly.

"Oh yes you do. I am the strongest being in the entire Infiniverse! You are supposed to be my servants," said Overdrive, and the entire room began to rumble.

"Is this how Overdrive sees himself?" whispered Genos to Mystican.

"I think this is how he wants to be," responded Mystican.

"Come on Overdrive. Stop acting like a child," said Frostbite.

"A child? Me!? I am more than seven quintillion years old!" yelled Overdrive as he stood up from his throne, "I am the most powerful being in the entire Infiniverse! The Infiniverse!"

"Dude, I think you pissed dream Overdrive," said Genos to Frostbite and then smiled, "Strongest in the Infiniverse? What about Silverblade?"

"I defeated him of course! You forgot to read my autobiography of my most amazing adventures and fights!" said Overdrive furiously.

"Strongest in the Infiniverse huh?" said Humatrix, "Come on Overdrive. You are the weakest!"

"What!?" yelled Overdrive in anger, "That's it! I'll show you my power! Then you won't doubt me again!"

"Alright then," said Humatrix cracking his knuckles, "Let's go!"

Then the team charged at Overdrive who flew straight at them. Humatrix and Overdrive's fists connected, and the entire room trembled. Suddenly Overdrive was punched in the face by Nighto, who knocked him to the ground. Then Night Mist blasted him into the wall, causing him to go flying outside.

"You dare make a mess of my palace? Doesn't matter, I can make more like!" yelled Overdrive. He grew in size until he was 3,000 feet tall. He then brought his fist down on the palace, completely destroying it. The team teleported outside before they got hit.

Suddenly Humatrix teleported above and knocked the giant to his feet, and Overdrive reverted back to normal.

"I am not done! Take this!" yelled Overdrive as a blast of blue energy blasted from his face. Flame blocked it with his sword with help from Night Mist.

Suddenly Mystican kicked Overdrive towards Frostbite, who then punched him back.

"I'm the strongest in the Infiniverse!" yelled Overdrive as he got up just in time to see the entire team giving him one last combined punch.

———

"Gah!!!" yelled Overdrive as he got up, "Holy crud, that dream turned into a nightmare!"

Overdrive then looked up and saw the rest of the team standing looking down at him, all with evil smiles on their faces.

"Guys? What are you doing in my room?" said Overdrive terrified.

"Overdrive?" said Night Mist calmly.

"W-what?" said Overdrive.

———

"And after that clean my room!" said Genos as he sipped a soda. The entire team was in a room in the base that created any terrain, and currently they were on beach all of them resting in front of the sea. Overdrive was outside the room, sweeping and cleaning the ship.

"This isn't fair..." said Overdrive sadly.

"Shouldn't be a problem for the strongest in the Infiniverse," said Flame.

"How long do I have to work like this?"

"Hmm... for another week," said Humatrix and the rest of the team laughed.

"H-how cruel..." said Overdrive sadly.