Just A Dream

(NOTE: Image credit goes to harryssweetie at The Family Business on Quotev)

Lexa

I was still being forced to stay in bed (Indra and Clarke were helping me with my Commander duties since I wasn't able to stand) and was currently watching Clarke sleep.  She had pretty much passed out last night after she had changed my bandages and it didn't feel right to wake her - even though my room had pretty much become our room.

One thing I had noticed was Clarke seemed to be sleeping as little as possible and when she did sleep it wasn't very good.  I had tried to get her to talk to me about it but she brushed the topic away and changed it.

Clarke let out a small grunt, her eyebrows furrowing together, "No, no just hold on." She muttered.

I frowned, wrapping an arm around her.  "Clarke, it's alright." I said softly.

"Let me go!  Let me help her!" Clarke said, struggling away from me.

"Clarke, wake up." I said.

"Just stay with me... please." Clarke's voice became a broken whisper as tears fell from her closed eyes.

"Clarke wake up." I said, concern resting heavily in my mind.  I shook her shoulder and her eyes flew open.  "It's okay, it was just a dream." I murmured gently to her, pulling her closer to me.

She snuggled up to me, resting her head carefully on my chest.

"It's alright Clarke, everything's okay." I breathed, running my fingers through her hair.

"It almost wasn't." Clarke said softly, pushing herself closer to me.

"But it is Clarke." I said softly.

"I keep closing my eyes and just seeing you dying.  I just keep seeing how easily it could have gone the other way." She murmured.

"Clarke I'm right here, it didn't go the other way.  Ai gonplie ste nou odon. (My fight is not over.)" I said, trying to reassure her.

"I know but you don't realize how close you were to dying Lexa.  I thought you had died." She said softly.

"Well I didn't Clarke.  You can't keep living like this, I am alright and will recover fully from this.  It doesn't matter what almost happened because it didn't happen." I said, my voice was soft and reassuring.

Clarke smiled, "Thank you Lexa." She murmured.