Skaikru's Arrival

Lexa

I huffed in irritation at my girlfriend's antics.  "We promised we'd be waiting with the others to greet them.  We're going to be late if you don't get up hodnes (love)."

"It's my mother, Marcus, and a couple others.  They won't be too offended." Clarke muttered back, burrowing deeper into me.

I smiled softly, "Ai hodnes (my love) we must get up.  I am already low enough on your mother's radar, I do not need to go lower." I said, trying a different tactic.

That got through because she huffed and pulled away from me so that she looked at me, "Alright.  You win.  I expect something later." She said.

I grinned, "Whatever you wish." I said, pecking her lips before getting up.

Now that we were actually up, getting dressed didn't take long.  "Are you leaving your hair down?" Clarke asked hopefully.

"Do you think I should?" I asked worriedly.

"It might make my mom see you're human but I can braid it for you if you want.  You look great either way." She said.

I chuckled, "I'm going to put it up, just enough to keep it out of my face." I said, going to the mirror to start braiding.

Clarke walked over and batted my hands away, braiding it quickly and efficiently the way she knew I usually liked it when I just wanted it out of my face.

I smiled, "You're getting good at this." I hummed.

"Do mine?" Clarke asked hopefully.

I grinned and nodded, the two of us switching places.  I braided it similarly to mine, pulling it up enough to keep it out of her face but not all of it being done up.

"I love it Lex." She said, grinning at me.

I smiled, "More than me?" I asked.

"Never.  I could never love anything more than you." She said with conviction as she stood and pecked my lips.  "Now let's go to breakfast so we can eat." She said.

I nodded and we walked hand in hand to breakfast.  Surprisingly the meal passed peacefully and with a comfortable silence for the most part (this is surprising because we're eating with Raven, Octavia, Lincoln, and Luna.  Though it's mostly Raven and Octavia who make it not-so-peaceful, not always in a bad way but still).

After that the six of us went down to wait for the Skaikru party's arrival, shortly joined by Indra and - to everyone's surprise - Aden.  As he walked up he offered us a warm smile, "Mind if I join you?" He asked.

"I don't, do any of you?" Clarke responded instantly.  When we all shook our heads she grinned and pulled him in for a hug, making me grin.

We waited in an almost excited silence the rest of the time until the party came into view.  Abby and Marcus were on horses at the front followed by a small group of people.  The reason they came was a special one.

In the past we had held tournaments in Polis for the Clans to show off their strength - choosing one warrior from their Clan.  They fought, though unlike in mine and Roan's fight there was no death at the end.  The last one standing wins and it continues until there is only one winner.  It will be no different this time, however now it is more of a friendly competition rather than a show of strength - even more so with Nia dead and Roan as King of Azgeda.

"Abby, Chancellor Marcus." I greeted the two leaders by their names with a friendly smile, nodding to acknowledge the rest of the group.

"Commander." Marcus said, grasping my forearm, "It's good to see you again."