Thinking

Ontari

I stumbled on.

I couldn't be quite sure where I was going, or where I was putting my feet.  I hoped we were still in Trikru territory but I had a sinking feeling we were nearing Azgeda, we had to have been walking too long to be too far from the border.

My side ached and burned where one of the warriors had managed to get in a really good hit in the ambush.  From what I could tell that was probably my worst injury.  I had another good cut on my right shoulder and cuts and bruises pretty much everywhere.

They had fed and watered me so at least I knew I wasn't going to drop dead of dehydration.  Since I had a bag on my head most of the time, they were careful when they did it.  They either made sure that I still couldn't see by not completely removing the bag or making sure it was too dark to see.

Why didn't I run?  Well, I've considered it but it's impossible.  My hands are bound in front of me and they're leading me with a rope, once in a while pulling just for the amusement of seeing me try not to fall.  Even if by some chance I could get away, there was no way I'd be able to stay away from them.  If I could get the bag off my head I could see where I'm running but I can't run very well while trying not to rip open my side wound and bleed out or lead them straight to me and I don't know this part of the territory so...

Yeah, I'm kinda stuck.

I trembled slightly, wondering what they had in store for me once we reached our destination.  Definitely nothing good I guess.  Maybe they'll torture me, maybe they'll just kill me (though I doubt that).  I also doubt that they'll let me go or be friendly.

I sighed softly, this was looking like a very doomed situation and I could only hope that my family will find me.

(So a little bit of insight on Ontari...

Exciting news!  We've got the cover reveal!  See it below!

Readers, there is one more chapter to Forever Yours.  Please stay tuned next chapter for more about when the sequel, Forever Us, is coming.)