End of the Journey

Emori

I bit my lip to stop from laughing as John climbed on his horse, almost falling right back off before stabilizing.

"You good?" I asked from my position on the ground next to his horse.

He nodded, "I think so."

I chuckled, walking around my horse to climb on.

I looked around, waiting for Clarke and Lexa to start moving before nudging my horse to follow.

"You're awful quiet this morning." John said after a while.

I shrugged, looking back over at him and seeing a spark of worry in them, "I'm the outsider, guess I'm just watching." I said softly.

He looked like he wanted to reach out, his horse certainly got closer to mine, but didn't dare let go of the reins.  "You aren't an outsider Emori.  If you are then I am too." He said softly, keeping his voice lower now.

I shook my head, smiling at him, "That's not what I meant John and you know it.  If they found out..." I trailed.

"So what if they found out?  It's not like they're going to kill you or something.  And if they try, well we had a system that worked."

"I nearly lost you with that system." I replied.

He smiled slightly, "You still haven't figured it out." He said, shaking his head lightly.

I frowned, my brows furrowing as I looked at him, "What do you mean?"

"An army of the Clans' warriors - nor a desert mine field - could stop me from getting back to you.  I'll always come back for you Emori.  That's what you do when you love someone."

I smiled at him, unable to help it.  "John, I love you but I'll never belong here.  As much as I would love to belong here with these people, I never will."

He shook his head, "You already do Emori.  These people are our friends who are slowly becoming our family.  And hey, if they can forgive Echo for whatever she did - I'm sure they can look past your differences." I chuckled, smiling at him.  "Besides, there's at least one person here who doesn't consider it a fault."

I shook my head fondly at him, "You're the only one."

He rolled his eyes, "I shouldn't be."

I smiled at him and he beamed back.  Slowly, though, it faded, "If they found out..."

"Then they can go freak out with their partners before getting over themselves.  Because nothing is going to happen if or when they find out.  Okay?"

I sighed and nodded, giving him a small smile.  "Thank you John." I said softly.

He smiled, "No problem Emori.  I'd do anything you needed me to, you should know that by now."

I chuckled and nodded, "True."

We fell into a comfortable silence as we rode on.  Every once in a while I'd feel him watching me but whenever I'd go to talk to him his gaze would snap forward and leave me to bite my lip to stop from laughing and shake my head fondly, knowing he was playing around.

The day wore on.  Our expected arrival time was sometime in the evening tomorrow, hopefully during sunset, so it was no surprise when Lexa stopped her horse and announced we'd be stopping for the day.

I swung off, heading around to make sure John didn't 'kill himself' as he said (he was actually quite good at riding and getting off (mostly) it was getting on he struggled with).

He jumped down, landing much more gracefully then he did last night.  Swooping in, I kissed his cheek with a smile, "You did it." I murmured softly.

He beamed happily, grinning at me.  "It's getting easier."

"As you would say, now you're jinxing it.  And second, you're a natural rider."

He smiled, entwining our hands for the moment as we made our way over to help set up camp.

----------------------------

The occasional noise from the horses rang through the forest, them seeming to know we were getting close to our destination.

Even some of the Skaikru were looking a bit excited.  I say some because Bellamy looked downright terrified.

I frowned, "Isn't it Echo who's supposed to be nervous for this?"

"I guess, why?" John said, looking over at me.

"Because Bellamy looks terrified and Echo looks amused at it."

"Well, from what I've gathered she helped Nia blow up Mount Weather with Skaikru in it, so she should probably be the one scared.  But she's a warrior so...  The scariest thing for her was probably Octavia."

I chuckled, nodding in agreement.

It was a few minutes later when the trees fell away, revealing Arkadia.

Shouts were soon heard and the gates swung open, allowing us to enter.

Swinging off I went around to help John only to find him already dismounted.  I grinned at him, "See!  You can do it!" I teased.

He smiled back, stepping closer and kissing me briefly, "Yes, and I have an amazing teacher." He said softly, breath still bathing my face, before pulling away and walking away - though not before I caught sight of his smirk.

I sighed, rolling my eyes at his antics, before following.

(Short chapter, sorry everyone.  Next chapter will be longer, promise.)