Message

Lexa

I paced my tent, restless.  I had only been here three days - though night had recently settled - and already I was going crazy.  I needed to know she was okay, that her plan was still going smoothly.

I heard rushed footsteps approaching my tent and turned my head, stopping my pacing.  Indra entered, "Moba Heda. (Sorry Commander)" She began, and I nodded fo her to continue - especially as I noticed the radio in her hands.  "Clarke contacted me - she said she needed to speak with you." She said.

I nodded, taking the radio, "You're dismissed Indra." I said.  The Trikru leader nodded and left.  "Clarke what is it?" I asked, pushing the button before I spoke.

"Lexa.  I know that you aren't aware of what's happening here and I'm a coward - I can't tell you these things in person.  I'm going to be honest though.  I'm scared for what's going to happen tomorrow but I want you to know that - no matter what happens - I-I love you.  I love you Lexa.  If I die tommorow then I die.  But I have to say it out loud before I die.  I love you Lexa, and only you.  I'm scared to die.  I can't be like you and just accept it.  I'm scared of what could happen tommorow and I hate that I can't apologize for everything I've done while I've been here.  The truth is I don't know if I'll be coming back.  Not with what I'm going to do.  So if I don't come back Lexa, please try to be happy.  If I don't come back let someone take care of you for me.  I understand now why you didn't promise we'd still be standing at the end of this.  Now I don't know if I'll be standing for there to be an us.  I want there to be and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that there is but I might not make it.  I have to say it one last time Lexa.  I love you.  And only you." Clarke's voice transmitted.  Then the radio went dead.

"Clarke?  Clarke?" I said her name, hoping that I'd get a response.

Only silence followed.  Tears had slipped down my cheeks and I wiped them away furiously.  What was she so scared about?  Lincoln and Octavia were doing the assassination, right?  So why did she think there was a chance she wasn't coming back?

"If you're there Clarke, then I know you'll be coming back."

Again only silence answered and I allowed the tears to slip down my face this time.