Involvement

With your wrist fully recovered, you were cleared to leave the infirmary. After bugging Levi about why he and Elijah seemed on edge with each other, he still didn't tell you anything. That annoyed you greatly, but you didn't push it. You sighed as you walked down the hallway to Hanji's office. The door was open and she was in there, writing away. You knocked on her doorway, causing her to turn her head away from her paperwork.

"Ah Y/n. How's your wrist?" She asked, turning her body. You shrugged lightly.

"It's fine..." You replied. Hanji looked at you skeptically, searching your face for something.

"Something's bothering you, Y/n. What is it?" Hanji asked, standing up and crossing her arms. Your face turned serious.

"I was going to ask Erwin if I could go back to the underground."
With each word, Hanji's face contorted into one of shock.

"Y/n! You almost died down there--what makes you think you're ready to face that again?!" Hanji exclaimed, jumping in front of you and grabbing your shoulders. You knew she would react like this. You had to admit it irritated you a little, but you were grateful for her concern. It wasn't something you received often.

"I almost died because I wasn't prepared. Now that I know and are aware what that place is and what it does to me, that'll make me more cautious," you replied, never faltering your sharp gaze from her worried one.

"That's too reckless! What are you even hoping to achieve?" She asked, squeezing your shoulders tighter. You sighed through your nose, getting a little irritated.

"I'm hoping to find out the truth, the reasoning behind all of this." Your voice raised, stronger and bolder. Hanji let go of your shoulders and took a step back, slightly shocked.

"Then at least—"

"I've made up my mind, Hanji. I'm asking Erwin if I can leave tonight," you interrupted, taking a step back before turning and walking away. Hanji watched your retreating form, ruffling her ponytail.

"Dammit," Hanji cursed while biting her lip. You strode over to where Erwin's office was and knocked before opening the door.

"Why don't you come in," Erwin said sarcastically. You rolled your eyes and closed the door, locking it. You turned your head to Erwin and walked up to his desk.

"What do you need?" He asked, placing down his pen.

"I have a request."

"What is it?"

"I would like to go back to the underground district. Back to the old building where the cult previously was."

"But you almost died in there."

"Because I wasn't prepared."

"How do you know you are now?"

"Are you doubting me, Erwin?"
Heterochromatic eyes clashed with bright blue, invisible sparks lighting up between you.

"I do not agree with this, Y/n. If you go there, and get injured or die, you'll break Levi's heart. You are strong, but your unstable mentality is stronger."
You ignored what he said about your mentality.

"What does Shithead have to do with any of this?"

"He has to do with everything."

"Why are you refusing to let me settle things by using Shithead as an excuse? I could've just easily slipped away at night without any of you noticing." You began to revert back to your old self without your knowledge.

"I'm not allowing you to go back there," he finalized. Your eyes narrowed down to a crippling glare. You stood up straighter and turned on your heel, and walked out without another word. You're pissed. Something you don't get very often, but you. Are. Pissed. You stormed down the hallway, smoke coming out of your ears. Anyone who walked by you pressed against the wall. You felt something move around under your skin. It made your skin itch. It felt like worms squirming around. You clenched your hands multiple times to try and ease it. You cracked your knuckles to try and ease the tension in your body.

"That little son of a shit truckfucking crap eating bastard banging bitchaloid..." You kept muttering strings of curse words under your breath as you walked down the stairs to the basement where your room was. You sped walked up to your bed and pulled out more of your knives. Realizing your gloves, gun, and sword was left in the underground, you sighed irritably.

"I'll have to scale up the wall with maneuver gear," you muttered to yourself. "Great..."

~
You sighed as you looked up at the tall ass wall. In order to get your spare weapons, you'll need to go back into your old house. Funny thing is, maneuver gear is a lot louder than your gloves, so you'll have to move quick. You're not a master at this, but you got it down for the most part. Star neighed from next to you.

"Hey, hush," you soothed, patting her side. Star snorted and looked off into the distance. You stared towards the same direction and saw a figure maneuvering their way towards you. You sighed, recognizing those movements as Levi's.

"Shit me a fucking brick," you cursed, not wasting anymore time and maneuvering up the wall. Not as well as Levi, but still good enough to give chase. Once you got up to the wall you ran towards the edge and jumped off. You looked back and saw Levi just making it up the wall. The look on his face was priceless. It almost made you smile. You were falling towards the ground at an alarming rate. You clicked the gears and shot the hook into the building and descended down. The gas puffed out, causing you to gain speed. You crashed onto the ground and rolled around a few times from the sudden push of speed. You've been so used to doing the work yourself you went flying as soon as you worked the maneuver gear. You slowly sat up and shook your head.

"Jesus..." You muttered, getting up and tearing off the gear, letting it fall to the ground with a bang. You placed your hand on your old house door, but felt a hand grab your wrist sharply and somewhat viciously.

"Let me go!"
Your heart clambered against your chest as you blanked out. A small gasp snapped you out of your trance and once you did you saw you were holding a knife against the side of Levi's throat. You quickly took the knife away and stepped back.

"I— uh... sorry..." You apologized half-assed. Levi's angered gaze softened a little.

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked. You scoffed lightly.

"What do you think? I'm getting my weapons back, Shithead."

Ja ne!

   {Ruby Red}