Blameless

Levi went off to the wall to follow Zeke. You killed off the last titans during that time. You wiped the blood from your eyes and let out a quick sigh, releasing air from your gloves. You took off after Levi, running full speed towards the wall. By now, he was already over it and in Shiganshina.

The wall grew close enough for you to release your wires. You pulled yourself up to it and landed on the side of the stone. Hooking your other wire at the top, you hauled yourself up over it. Your eyes scanned the top of the houses. When you saw three small figures on a house near the center of the district, you took off.
You swung between the buildings, maneuvering around them and using the height as leverage and momentum. Soon enough, you were near the roof.

"HURRY UP AND INJECT HIM!"
You flew down just in time to hear Eren yell.

"What's going on?" You landed on the roof. Mikasa was there as well. You looked behind Eren to the freshly-burnt body hanging over the roof. "Never mind."

"Yeah..." Levi said quietly, bringing out the titan serum box. From your left, Mikasa shot off a red flare.

'The others are still alive, huh?' You thought, seeing the red smoke fly into the sky. Levi was about to give the box over to Eren. Your head snapped around when you sensed someone climb onto the roof. Floch managed to crawl his way up, carrying an unconscious Erwin on his back.

'That's unfortunate.' You thought.

"Captain... Miss... I finally found you," Flock said, his voice quiet and exhausted. "Commander Erwin is badly wounded. His stomach is gouged... and his organs are demolished! The blood just won't stop! I thought that injection might be able to help, but..."
Your eyes glanced at Levi. He pulled the box back to his chest.

"Captain?" Eren called. You walked over to Floch and untied Erwin from his back, hauling his body up onto the roof. Levi knelt next to you and gently laid him down. He hovered his fingers over Erwin's mouth.

"He's... still breathing," he said, "He's... alive." He stood up, pulling out the box again.

"I'm using the injection... on Erwin."
You snapped up, coming head to head with Eren who stood chest to chest with you. He didn't seem to notice.

"You said..." He directed towards Levi, tears brimming his eyes. "... you'd use it on Armin!"

"I'm... reviving the one who can save humanity."
From behind you, the metal zing of a sword being drawn caught your attention. Mikasa drew her blade, tears also in her eyes. You ghosted your hand over the gun strapped to your thigh.

"You two," you spoke, "Have no damn idea what you're doing, do you?"

"It's Erwin..." Levi added, "The Commander of the Scouts. And you're saying to watch him die. There's no time for this. Stay out of my way." Levi began to move away, but Eren raised his arm around you and grabbed the box too.

"Keep your emotions out of this," Levi warned.

"Keep my... emotions out?"
You stayed still, constantly eyeing the two males.

"Tell me... how come you didn't hand over the syringe right away?!"

"Because I was considering the possibility Erwin might still be alive."

"You couldn't have known Floch would drag the commander here! There's just no way you knew!"

"You're right, but... the fact that Erwin is now here means I use it on him."
You let out a silent sigh, the both of them arguing raising your annoyance. Eren tightened his grip on the box. With a quick realization, you jumped out of the way before Levi swung his other arm. His fist connected to Eren's cheek, sending him flying down the slanted roof. You heard Mikasa let out a yell before a thump. It took a second to process.

'She's going... to kill him.' With that thought in mind, you sprung into action. You wrapped your arm around her neck and threw her to her back. You unsheathed your sword and stepped on her chest, placing the tip of the blade against her throat. Eyes wide with rage, you were barely able to keep your voice steady.

"I stand neutral against Armin and Erwin, and couldn't care less about who the serum was used on." Your expression darkened. "But don't you dare assault him because he's making a decision you don't like. Don't let your friendship bias you against a better choice."
She gripped the blade with her bare hands, fighting to keep it from piercing her throat.

"That's right, Mikasa! Let's stop with this madness already!" Floch agreed. Even though she was pinned down and helplessly overpowered, she still found the strength to glare at him.

"It's... no different if we lose... Armin," you heard Eren's voice.

"Eren!" Mikasa yelled.

"Hasn't it... always been like that?"
Your head turned, no longer concerned with her, but you were still holding her down.

"He's the reason why we saved Trost by plugging it with a rock. He revealed Annie's identity. It was Armin who came up with the idea of moving at night! The only reason we uncovered Reiner's hiding spot... and the only reason we defeated Bertholdt... was all because of Armin!"

'Pretty sure I did one or two of those, but whatever.' You thought, brow twitching.

"The one who's gonna save humanity isn't me or the commander! It's Armin! Isn't that right, Mikasa?!"
With a burst of strength, she pushed the blade away enough to sit up. She tried to push you back, but you swung yourself around her and pressed the blade to her throat.

"Listen carefully, Mikasa. Because if you don't, I'll kill you," you whispered in her ear, "Everyone on the other side of the wall is dead. They were gorged to death by boulders thrown by the Beast Titan."

"She's right," Floch said, somehow hearing your conversation. "I didn't think anyone could be saved, but Commander Erwin was the only exception. He thought of a plan for us to bite back at the Beast Titan... and we did."
You could smell the blood lingering in the air. No doubt from the mutilated bodies.

"We were smashed to bits just as planned. And I'm sure the last thing they felt... was fear."
His expression was severe and haunted. It reminded you of the first time you saw a dead body. Mikasa squirmed in your grasp, but you kept an iron grip on her.

"Stay still and listen quietly."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}