Bonding

EVERYONE STOP AND LOOK AT RUBY'S GIRLFRIEND!! HER NAME IS KORI, SHE'S BLIND, SHE'S 23, 5'5, AND HAS ICE ABILITIES, AND IF ANYONE INSULTS HER RUBY WILL KILL YOU WITH NO HESITATION, OKAY CONTINUE ON.

Edit: Bruh... no one gives a flying fuck.

~
You were lightly banging your head against the wall behind you out of boredom. Not to mention you also wanted to die. You were in a dressing room in the mansion, watching the maids measure Cordelia for her own wedding dress.

'She's going over the top for a damn wedding...' You thought, your eyebrow twitching.

"This is so surreal. I never thought I'd get married," she said softly, turning herself around to look in the mirror. You hummed, but didn't verbally respond to her statement. While the thought of marriage never crossed your mind, you also did not wish to do it this way. There are a lot of ways to propose and get married, but this way was definitely not the way you wanted to go. Cordelia seemed like a nice girl on top, but deep down inside, she's a manipulative little shit who makes sure she gets what she wants. Pierce, on the other hand, didn't seem like anything. You hadn't talked to him personally, so you have nothing to judge him on.

"What color should your dress be, Y/n? A green color would suit you. Or maybe yellow."
You felt like vomiting. No way in hell was she or anyone getting you in a green or yellow dress. Not even Levi would be able to convince you.

"Black will do just fine, thank you," you replied, closing your eyes and sighing quietly.

"That won't be, Y/n, we need you to look as good as me. Maybe a coral pink?"

"If you wish to do a dark blue, black, or red color, then I do not care. Do not, however, dare dress me in any of your suggested colors," you offered, staring up at her with eyes that said you would not back down, whether she liked it or not. Cordelia looked at you for a moment before shrugging and humming lightly.

"I think a dark blue would look beautiful on you," she agreed, turning back around to look at herself in the mirror. You sighed through your nose and slouched in the chair.

"A blush pink would look good on you."
Cordelia hummed in confusion and turned her head to look at you, though you were not looking at her.

"How would you know?" She asked, raising a brow at you.

"Blush pink is light enough that it wouldn't clash with your light hair. In fact, it'll complement it and make your eyes pop even more," you explained, opening your eyes and looking at her. Cordelia's cheeks were dusted with pink. You never thought you'd be able to make someone blush, honestly. Cordelia wasn't expecting the sudden compliment—advice, it was advice, but she took it as a compliment.

"I see... maybe I'll do that then..." She murmured. You stood up and stretched out your back.

"Where's Pierce?" You asked, walking towards her.

"He's... in our room, I think," she replied, though she sounded unsure. You raised a brow at her and crossed your arms.

"Alright. I'll be back."

~
After being lost for about forty five minutes, you finally came across Cordelia's and Pierce's room... after a maid had shown you the way. You softly knocked on the door and waited for a minute before hearing footsteps coming to the door. The door opened and Pierce was on the other side of the door, staring at you blankly.

"May I come in?" You asked. He nodded and moved to the side, allowing you in. You looked around the spacious room and saw one large king bed in the corner. If this was Cordelia's and Pierce's room, then that means they sleep in the same bed. That was fine as long as they didn't do anything that starts with 'i' and ends in 'ncest'. You looked over to the mannequin that held fabric that was pinned together.

"Is that your suit?" You asked him as he walked up to your side. He nodded and walked past you. "Pierce, are you okay with this?" He stopped and after a minute he nodded slowly, though you knew he was lying.

"People are easy to read. Whether they talk or not. If you're not comfortable with me being here then I'll leave." You began to walk back to the door, but you felt a light hold on your wrist. You looked behind you and saw Pierce shake his head. He gently led you to the right side of the large dresser and showed a portrait of a woman. You lightly tilted your head and stared at her.

You stared at her, then at Pierce

You stared at her, then at Pierce. White hair, ice blue eyes.

"Is this your mother?" You asked. He nodded in response, his eyes dropping to the floor. The mere mention of his mother would make him crestfallen. Not to mention, her picture is in their bedroom. That confused you, but you thought he had his reason, whatever it may be. "Why is her picture in your room if it depresses you?" You looked over to him. He tapped his head with his finger and then shook his head. You felt like you were talking to a child too shy to talk. You stared at him for a moment, trying to decipher what that meant.

'Mind... thought... no...'

"You don't... want to forget her?" You said out loud questioningly. He nodded slowly. "I see..."

"How long ago did she die?" You asked. Pierce began counting on his fingers, though his lips weren't moving. He counted his fingers then held up his hands.

"Fifteen?" You repeated. He nodded is head. "I see..." You looked over towards the wall clock and saw it was close to three.

"I'll be leaving now. Cordelia is probably wondering where I am," you said, beginning to walk away from Pierce. Pierce quickly ran up to you and gently grabbed your wrist once again. You turned your head and saw Pierce opening his mouth, but closed it immediately.

'Thank you.'

You stood there for a moment, processing what you had heard... or read.

"Yeah, no problem."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}