Delighted

You both didn't let go for a good while, just basking in each other's warmth and company. Being so close to each other wasn't rare, but it'd been so long since. You'd rather die than admit it, but you liked hugging him. He fit in your arms perfectly, though that's too cheesy and cliche for you to say out loud. It wasn't until you begrudgingly pushed away from him. You didn't want to, but you wanted answers. To be honest, you could've lived without them, but why? Leaning back against the wall, you looked at him expectantly. He didn't need to ask what you wanted.
He told you. Everything. He told you about his mother, about Kenny, about Farlan and Isabel. How they all died. He didn't leave out a single detail. He's kept it in for too long and it was about time he let out. He knew you wouldn't judge, you've both had shitty pasts, so why would you? Kenny was Kuchel's brother, which meant he was Levi's uncle. What a shitty time to find that out. 

You didn't talk. You let him speak the whole time. Whatever questions swirled around your head he answered without you even asking. It was amazing, how you two had such a deep connection. You both know what each other are thinking—though for Levi it's a little harder to read you.  At the end, it was silent between you. You didn't know what to say, or if you should even say anything at all.

"That's... quite a lot for a single person to handle..." You said quietly, your arms crossed. "You're a lot stronger than I realized." You looked away from him to the wall opposite of you. You knew he had a hard childhood before this, but you didn't know the details. Levi didn't reply. He kept quiet.

"Hold on... you're seriously doing it, Historia?" You heard Eren's voice echo down the hallway. You turned your head as did Levi. It seemed that the group didn't notice you two standing there.

"Yeah, I am," you heard her reply.

"Mikasa was just joking about it! Right, Mikasa?"
Your brow cocked.

"After you smack him, tell him this... 'I dare you to hit me back,'" You heard her instruct. Brow lowering, you took a step forward, but was stopped by Levi's arm. You looked at him with a glare, but Levi just shook his head lightly. With a reluctant sigh, you backed up.

"Damn you...! Miss Y/n's going to kill you."

'That's the smartest thing that's come out of that kid's mouth.' You thought, your signature scowl returning to your face.

"If it's not a real grudge, just forget it," Eren said, trying his absolute best to get Historia to change her mind.

"If I can't do this, how can I call myself Queen?" She inquired.

"Hell yeah, Historia. That's the spirit!" Jean hyped. It seemed they finally saw you two, because they slowly stopped walking. Levi moved from his original spot to the front of the squad. You stayed pressed against the wall. Historia walked to the very front of the group, a few feet away from Levi. She was visibly shaking—in nervousness or excitement, you couldn't tell. Her eyes found yours and it only intensified. A few seconds of labored breathing later, she finally let out a battle cry and ran up to Levi. He turned his body so she punched his arm—if that could count as a punch. Everyone in the back screamed in awe and excitement while Mikasa just smiled contently. You narrowed your eyes at her, but didn't do anything. Historia backed up, letting out nervous-sounding, victorious laughs.

"How'd you like that?! I'm the Queen! If you got a problem—"
The light chuckle that escaped Levi made her freeze and everyone's expressions change. You saw him slowly look up at them.

"Thank you... all of you," he said, a smile on his face. You walked to his side and placed a hand on his shoulder, a small smile on your own face. That sent them into a frenzy. While they were busy losing their shit, Levi turned his head to you, that gorgeous smile still displayed.

"Thank you, Y/n," he said. You closed your eyes and huffed.

"Yeah," you replied, gazing back up at him. "Anytime."

~
"Hanji."
Said scientist stopped and turned around only to see Ruby striding towards her.

"Oh, Ruby!" She greeted, a smile coming to her face. She bounded over to the serious female. "I didn't see you at the coronation. Where were you?" Her eyes then travelled down to the cloak Ruby was wearing.

"Are you leaving?" She looked back up. Ruby nodded slowly.

"Yes, for a little bit, at least. There are things I have to do and things I have to deal with," she replied. Hanji pouted lightly, discontent obvious in her eyes.

"But I love having you here," she whined, draping herself dramatically over Ruby. She just let the injured woman hang limply there, trying to spare her of any pain in that arm.

"I'm sorry Hanji, but I have to leave. I can only stay for so long," she said, gently pushing her away.

"Alright, but you better write me!" Hanji exclaimed, grabbing hold of her hand.

"Don't worry, I will," she assured. The brunette smiled brightly before placing a long, soft kiss on her cheek.

"I love you, Ruby," she said softly, her whole body relaxing. Wordlessly, Ruby grabbed the side of Hanji's head and entangled her long, slender fingers into her hair. "Huh? What are you doing?" She blinked when her head was dipped. Ruby placed her lips on the crown of her head, lingering there for a few seconds before pulling away.

"I love you too, Hanji."
Then she was gone all at once, already walking away from her. The warmth Hanji felt lingered, but was gone for the most part. Her face exploded in red, much like when she sees a titan, except this time not out of excitement. This was a flustered, confused blush.

"Ooh!! I love ya, Ruby! Be careful!!" She exclaimed, happiness overflowing through her words. That was the first time she's kissed her just to kiss her. The first sign of affection. Ruby just waved back at her, slowly disappearing out of sight. Hanji, still elated, gently touched where she was kissed, a gleeful whine escaping her mouth. "OHHHHH!!!!!" She screeched into the sky, her arm punching the air. From the distance, Ruby could hear her scream in joy. A sigh left her mouth.

"I do one thing and she loses her mind," she said quietly, briefly closing her eyes only to open them when she heard the flap of wings. She looked up and saw Nuntius swoop down. Raising her arm and using it as a perch, he landed on it. "Anything?" He let out a series of clicks.

"I see." She turned her head back to the front. "He's doing that? Bold move." Nuntius cawed in her ear, louder than she would've wanted.

"I don't need to explain to you why I kissed her," she said, lowering her arm and forcing him to hop on her shoulder. "You're an animal. You don't understand everything I say. Besides... her finding out would undoubtedly shatter her heart." 

Fun fact: Ruby and Hanji have been together for six years, and if you calculate the total amount of time Ruby's been away, that's an accumulated three years she's spent away. So really, they've only spent a solid three years together.

Can any of you guess Ruby's weakness(s)/flaw(s)?

Edit: Okay, just saying, Ruby aint a marysue. FAR FROM IT LOLOL

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}