Departed

Did y'all read the chapter 'Explained?' Cause I have like no reads on that.

Edit: Get over it, some people just don't like some things

~
The two days passed quicker than you liked. After you and Levi fell asleep in that corner, you were the first to wake up with Levi's sleeping face still rested on your shoulder. You had hauled him up bridal-style and walked all the way back to his chamber. You made sure not to let anyone see him, either. You would dare say he was cute when he was sleeping. That was the most relaxed you've seen him. He didn't even budge the entire time you carried him back. Or, even if he did, he pretended to sleep. There were long days ahead of you, so you had to get in your sleep when you can. Especially him. He runs on low hours of rest to begin with.
When he woke up early that next morning, he didn't ask you how he got to his bed and you didn't tell him. Better to keep whatever pride and ego he had left.

Right before sunset. The blazing ball of gas was slowly moving down below the horizon. The soldiers were hauling the horses to the wall and down below it.
You stood alongside the superiors and squad leaders in front of the authority figures of the other military branches. The eight of them saluted you, which was something you never thought would happen. Well, considering the Corps are about to ride to Shiganshina after six years, it is a big deal. And dangerous. You and the others saluted in return--something you never did before that. It felt weird, but it was necessary, apparently.

~
You, Hanji, and Levi were riding in a lift together to the top of the wall. Everyone was almost prepped to leave the walls, all you had to do was go to the other side. Honestly, though, you could've gone up the wall yourself, but that seemed rude. Even though you don't give a shit if you're rude or not. It was silence between the three of you, which was weird. Normally Hanji talked every second she got a chance. You assumed this was a serious manner, and kept that façade.

"Hey!" A voice yelled up. Hanji's head bent forward slightly, Levi shifted his eyes, and you just ignored him. "Hanji! Good luck!"

"Flegel?" She murmured. The lift made it to the top as different citizens yelled out encouraging cheers. You lined up next to Levi who was standing to the right of Erwin. Hanji was on your right. You looked down at all the yelling citizens who were giving shouts of support. The voices just mingled together in a large ball of annoyance.

"Someone's got a big mouth," Levi commented flatly.

"I'm not even listening," You added, your face nothing short of bored.

"Well, with the commotion we made, of course we'd find out," Hanji said from your side.

"The thing is, all that meat we ordered was from the Reeves company," Harold explained.

"Damn that Flegel," Dirk cursed. Your head turned when you heard Sasha, Jean, and Connie yelling at the top of their lungs over the wall.

"Yeah!! You can count on us!!"
"You know we will!!"
You weren't the only ones looking at them. Everyone was.

'At least they're motivated.' You thought, turning your head back around to the front.

"How long's it been since the Scouts got a send off like this?" You heard Klaus ask Dirk.

"Who knows? I don't think we've ever..." He replied.

"As far as I'm aware, this is a first," you heard Erwin's voice. "UAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Your brows popped up when you heard him let out a loud battle scream, which in turn, got the civilians riled up as well. Levi was also looking at him as well.

'This is going to be interesting.' You thought, relaxing your face. Something shot through your spine like a tingle. The hairs on the back of your neck stood up as a layer of chills settled over you. It seemed you were the only one who sensed this, though. Scanning your eyes across the tall roofs, your eyes landed on the black and red patch on the brown shingles. She was there, watching the Corps. She wanted you to see her see you. No longer did you feel the coolness around you. It dissipated. Her gaze wasn't on you anymore.
You turned your head to the tall brunette on your side. Now you see. You turned your stare back to where Ruby previously was, but she was gone. Nuntius was in her place, its beady red eyes burning holes into your soul.

'That's not creepy at all.' You thought. Soon after, Erwin turned around and unsheathed his sword, pointing it past Wall Rose.

"The final operation to retake Wall Maria... will now commence!!"
You rode the lift down the wall to the ground where your horse was waiting. It wasn't Star. You didn't bother to name him. It was only a few minutes before all of the Scouts were mounted on their steeds.

"Advance!!" Erwin exclaimed, whipping the reins on his horse. Everyone followed suit, riding off alongside the wall right as the sun began to set below the horizon.

She stood on the edge of Wall Maria, watching the Survey Corps depart on their expedition. He walked up behind her, watching them go farther and farther away.

"Was she among them?" He questioned, his hands clasped behind his back.

"Yes." She nodded.

"It will be a while before they come back. When she does, we'll be ready. I trust your judgment, Doctor Jimenez," he said, turning around and walking away from her. She stared on, green eyes shining from the sun's low light.

Ohmygod six months of no Attack on Titan. Six goddamn months until the next cour. Three plus three more. April. JE SUIS CROISSANT HONHON TITTY BAGUETTE. I still don't give a shit, I won't leave y'all hanging. I'll be posting two chapters, one each three months. Which is two total, if I'm doing the math right lolol.

Also, at the end of Ep. 12 where there was the animated version of Levi, Eren, and Mikasa on the roof together, I can't wait to write for that part. Especially when Mikasa attacks Levi. That's going to be exciting as hell. K bye.

Edit: It's not that exciting

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}