Dreaming

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry..."

"I'm sorry...!"

"I'm sorry!"
That annoying voice just kept raising in volume and it irritated you. You were most definitely sunken into your subconscious. You were still able to think and hear clearly, but your eyes were closed and you didn't feel like opening them either. That voice also wasn't helping. You forced your eyes open and looked up to see nothing but black. Darkness. A void. You were either floating in the air or in water, you couldn't tell. It felt as if you were light as a feather, yet you couldn't move your body. Your eyes moved around, yet there was nothing. 

The black atmosphere suddenly turned blood red and you were now lying in an ocean of blood. You still couldn't move, but above your head were words that were being written out slowly and neatly.

'What was going through your mind when you killed?'

The blood around you slowly bubbled up and took humanoid forms and stared down at you. The bodies solidified and stared at you in disdain and anger.

"Was it worth killing me?" The one asked. Now you understood. Your past was coming back to haunt you. The people you've killed are haunting your soul like you predicted they would. Is this hell? Did you die and descend into hell? Was this your punishment? The people formed a circle around you.

"I had a family! A wife and a child! How could you?!"
"I had just stolen money for my family! Is that such a crime to be killed for?!"
"I was framed! I didn't do it!"
"Don't you regret any of this?!"

"No..."
The crowd stopped yelling at you to listen to your voice.

"What?"

"I don't regret it. I don't regret any of it. I refuse to regret any choice I make and nothing will change my mind. I did what I thought was right at the time and I refuse to let lowlifes like you try to make me feel bad about it."
The crowd cracked and shattered into dozens of glass shards. The red was slowly sucked into one point and disappeared in a swirl, leaving you once again in the black atmosphere.

"Are you really satisfied with yourself?"
You felt a body press against the back of yours. You recognized the voice, except it was quieter and calmer. Soothing, even.

"Maybe... I'm not sure," you replied. The woman hummed and laughed a bit, though it was filled with amusement instead of venom.

"If you're not sure, then how are you going to find out? You think you're true to yourself, but you're hiding. Hiding behind a stone cold façade to mask your sensitive self."

"Wow, thanks mom. Totally didn't realize it."
M/n smiled, her hair turned back to h/c.

"If I were you, I'd listen to the outside world. You may be in a coma, but you're still able to hear and smell. So, put it to good use," she advised before disappearing into mist. As if she was never there. Your brows furrowed before you actually focused on your hearing. You heard some familiar voices and some unfamiliar voices.

"Mental hospital."

"No!!"

"It's only a small sedative."

"She's already in a coma you bastards!"

"Let her go."
Your brows furrowed in confusion. You didn't know what was happening, but it was big. You felt multiple hands touch your arm before a small pressure was applied to your wrist. The black atmosphere was wiped away and replaced by a blue sky. You slowly sat up, being able to move again. You looked around and saw you were lying in tall grass with occasional flowers. Now you were even more confused.

"What did you do?"
That voice made you stand up.

"I only sedated her to make it more peaceful for her and us."
The large meadow began to slowly be overtaken by a bright golden light, crawling it's way to you.

"What are you doing to her?!"

"She's turning pale!"

"What did you give her?!"
The light slowly inched its way towards you, and you knew what that meant. You were dying. Whatever was injected into you was killing you from the inside out.

"Get away from her!"
You blocked out the noises and the voice, and kept focused on the bright light that engulfed everything it touched. It would soon consume you too, but you had no desire or plan for it. As long as you're still breathing, you'll fight death for as long as you need too. You took a step back and turned, beginning to run. The light sped up as well and took everything in its path.

'You can't escape death.'

You turned your head to look behind you.

"Fuckin bet." You sped up and kept running, no matter how tired you were or how achy your legs got. You kept going and had no intention to stop.

"Let me go! She's dying!"

"I have to save her!!"
On the other end of the world, another light had erupted from the horizon and was travelling towards you too. You were trapped from both sides. Problem was, however, you didn't know if that other light was Hell, heaven, or your way out. You sighed in light frustration.

"Whatever..." You muttered, running and jumping straight into the light before the two collided into each other.

~
The door slowly opened and a man in a white coat entered the room. He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a needle.

"This will calm you down for a while. You'll feel more peaceful when I inject it. You haven't been taking it, so it's making you hostile," he said, flicking it. He began to walk forwards towards you.

"You're lying, William."
William hummed in confusion and stopped in the middle of the room. You slowly turned your head towards him and he gasped in fear. The bandages covering your eye began to soak with blood, the pure white turning a dark red. William slowly backed up and dropped the syringe out of fear. The glass shattered, and its contents spilled onto the floor.

"You're lying..."

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}