Defeated

https://www.quotev.com/story/11279957/Kaias-Ancient-Journal/1

~
It was dawn. Close to the time when Rod's titan would arrive at the wall. Cannons were set up along it and below it. Boxes of supplies laid scattered amongst everyone. You watched from the edge as Rod's giant titan slowly crawled its way to you.

"Fire!" You heard the leader of the artillery squad exclaim. The line of cannons went off, sending the projectiles at the titan. Squad Levi, you, and Erwin watched as the cannon fire crashed into him wave after wave. There was a pause in the fire when the smoke and dirt got too thick to see through.

"Well, how's that...?" Erwin questioned from behind you. You waited with slight anticipation, your body on high alert in case you needed to fight at a moments notice. You saw the shadow of movement before its arm came crashing down onto the ground again.

"The cannons are making it look like swiss cheese, yet it's still moving," you said flatly.

"The ground cannons seem even less effective," Erwin added on.

"Of course they are," Levi chimed in, "The wall cannons barely hit the nape, even with the better angle. What's the problem?"

"It's a mishmash of soldiers..." Erwin began to explain, "Cannons they managed to scrape together... superficial leadership... to top it off, this is a northern region. Unlike troops on the front lines, they have no battle experience."

"Well, this is the best we're going to get and that's a fact," you said, pursing your lips.

"Yeah, that much is painfully obvious," Levi replied. The cannon fire had resumed by then. "Yet again, your strategy for the Scouts boils down to another gamble. Just like everything else you conjure up." He directed that towards the Commander.

"Erwin! I brought the goodies!" You heard Hanji call from behind you. You looked towards her voice and saw Ruby, and some other soldiers bringing the load of supplies. Well, more like the soldiers were helping Ruby who was carrying and dragging most of it. A net was thrown to the ground and barrels of gunpowder sat on top of it. "All the gunpowder, ropes, and netting I could find! We'll have to assemble it ourselves, though." You walked up to Ruby who was currently carrying two gunpowder barrels which were stacked on top of each other.

"Each barrel weighs about forty five kilograms, you know," you said, crossing your arms. "You're carrying ninety kilos. Impressive." (45 kilos = 100 lbs. and 90 kilos = 200 lbs.)

"It feels light as a feather to me," she replied, placing them gently on the ground. You watched her carefully.

"Are you going to use your eye against the titan?" You questioned.

"It depends on the circumstances. If things get hairy, I'll lend my assistance," she replied, looking over at the titan who was riddled with craters.

"The plan Erwin came up with isn't bad. Assuming it goes well," you said, following her gaze.

"Good luck." Is what she said before turning around to get more supplies.

'Easy for you to say.' You thought, walking back over to where Levi and Hanji were.

"Oh, Y/n! How've you been?" Hanji greeted.

"You shouldn't be the one asking that," you replied.

"So, is the artillery doing any damage?" She asked, turning back towards Levi.

"Slightly more than a pissing insect," he responded, turning his head away.

"Then we're really planning on using this?"
Your eyes travelled down to the contraption that laid in front of them.