Beloved

'What in the actual hell.' You thought, seeing a crowd cheering on Eren and Jean who were having a boxing match. After your interaction with Levi, you left. You felt some nearby disturbance, so you went to where the scouts were supposed to be eating together. Lo and behold, they were serving meat, which was pretty rare in itself. What you didn't expect was a fist fight between those two idiots. You just stayed near the door and watched them punch and yell at each other over and over again. Mikasa and Armin didn't stop them, and neither did anyone else.

'What a sloppy form... I thought I taught Eren better than that.' You scowled. Even if it wasn't serious, every blow matters. The door next to you opened and Levi walked in, but stopped when he saw the ring of cheering people.

"What's going on here?" He asked, only loud enough for you to hear.

"Eren and Jean are fighting. I got here a little after it started. Don't ask me what it's about," you replied. Both of you watched for a few minutes together. When they slowed down and their breaths came out labored, you leaned towards his ear.

"You take Eren and I take Jean?" You whispered. He didn't reply and began to walk forward. Taking that as a yes, you followed him.

"Hey," you both said at the same time. Levi delivered a violent kick to Eren's stomach and you punched Jean in the face. You may of hit him too hard, though, because his legs went flying over his head before rolled over to his hands and knees, his head near your shoes. That silenced the cheers.

"You're all too damn rowdy. Go to bed," Levi ordered. Not a second later, Jean vomited whatever food he had eaten. Want to guess where? Levi stopped and stared at you as did everyone else. Jean was too busy puking his guts out to notice what he did. Your face was unreadable. Tension settled. Hairs were raised. Death was inevitable.

"..."
Levi placed a hand on your shoulder, squeezing it. Without a word, you unzipped your boots. They all seemed to jump at the sound. You stepped out of them, your bare feet now on the cold stone.

"Clean this shit up," you ordered, turning around.

"Yes ma'am!" They all rigidly replied. You walked out of the building, your face twisting in disgust. Had you not of been the one to kick him into that position, you would've killed him. You heard Levi behind you, steadily catching up to you.

"Oi," he called. You stopped and turned. "Are you alright?" He stood side by side with you.

"I'm fine," you sighed. "Annoyed, but fine." You rubbed your feet against the stairs you were on.

"I was going to get a spare pair while they're washing those," you explained, crossing your arms loosely. Levi's expression didn't change, but he raised his hand. You tilted your head, but stopped when he gently ran his fingers through the roots of your hair. He combed through your hair lightly, his features softer. You raised your own arm and placed it on top of his hand. Your thumb brushed against the ring on his finger and you relaxed.

"You haven't eaten anything yet, right?" You questioned, grabbing his hand and removing it from your head, but you still held it. "Go. I'll be back soon." You slowly let go of it before tapping his shoulder gently. You turned and walked up the steps. You couldn't feel your feet anymore. He watched you leave before he, himself, turned and went back the direction he came.

~
It was well into the evening by the time you arrived back with a new pair of boots on. It was a lot quieter than the first time you came. Peaceful. Serene. Jogging down the never-ending steps, you noticed three figures on a flight of them. One of which was standing up.

'Oh... it's those three.' You thought, stopping at a flight just above them. Mikasa seemed to notice your arrival because she turned to look back at you.

"Miss Y/n," she spoke, which made the other two males focus their attention on you.

"Hey," you greeted back, your hands in your pocket. Eren rubbed the back of his neck nervously, his gaze moving downward.

"Sorry about earlier..." He apologized. You shook your head lightly, moving so that you were standing next to Armin.

"Don't worry about it. Besides, I'm more mad at Jean than you," you said, your lips twitching downwards. You stared up at the sky as a short silence ensued. For the three of them, it was still hard to talk to you. Even though you've softened up, they don't know if it's alright to hold a conversation with you.

"Hey, Miss Y/n?" Fuck it.

"What?" You answered, turning your head to look at the brunet.

"How did you become as strong as you are?" He asked, looking up at you.

"What do you mean?"
There was a pause.

"... you're insanely powerful. Not to mention you can handle a lot of stress and pressure. You took on an entire military branch at one point by yourself, too... how?" He explained further. You hummed, turning your head back to gaze up at the stars.

"Experience, really," you replied, "Training is very different when you're not required to kill. You've had whatever experience you went through with Kenny and the Military Police. Double that until you know how to react in a split second without second thought." You glanced at him from the corner of your eyes

"You're still a kid, you know. Don't keep your feelings to yourself. You have two friends who will help you. Don't waste it."

"Did you have anyone when you were younger?" Armin asked slowly, still a little hesitant.

"No, I didn't," you replied, "I never confided in someone. Never did. I didn't have anyone, for that matter. I had to deal with whatever I was feeling and do what I had to. That's why I'm good at keeping my head leveled. A lot of practice."

"But you have Levi Heichou, don't you?" He inquired. You nodded slowly.

"Yes, I do. But there are times where I don't wish to say what I feel. Same goes for him, and we respect that." You closed your eyes and took a step back up the stairs. "It's late. We have long days ahead of us." You turned and walked behind the three.

"Don't stay out too late." You lazily waved back at them before walking into a corridor where a cup was laying near your feet. You looked down at it. "You were listening." He didn't reply and just slowly blinked. He seemed a bit tired. You took a fleeting glance back at him before taking a step forward. A hand shot out and grabbed your wrist. Letting out a soft sigh, you backed yourself up against the wall and slid down next to him. You slid your arm under his chin and grabbed the side of his head, gently pushing him down. He rested on your shoulder, his entire weight now leaning on you. You tilted your head and placed it on top of his. You closed your eyes, and not long after, so did he. 

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}