Vehement

To say you were shocked was an understatement. You were in full panic mode. You ran over to Levi and flipped him over, appalled at the amount of blood flowing from his chest. Unlike Elijah, Levi doesn't have regenerative powers, so it's a miracle he's still breathing. Well... barely.

"Oi! Don't you dare think you're dying on me, Shithead!!" You exclaimed loudly, shakily reaching for a knife and slitting your wrist. Levi was losing blood and his life quickly. You'd be amazed if you were on time, but you tried anyway. You let the blood drip onto his chest, mistaking your tears falling to the floor for blood. Your blood steamed and began to close the wound, but Levi's breathing didn't pick up. You placed your head on his chest, not caring if you got blood all over you. You heard faint thumping that grew quiter and slower. You closed your eyes and bent over him. "You idiot... you... better not leave me alone... not after all that shit you told me..." You let your tears fall freely down your cheeks.

"Don't die... you're not allowed to leave me here you shithead...!" You placed your trembling hand over the bullet hole in his chest in a feeble attempt to stop the blood from pouring out of it. Instead, it just pooled around your hand before sliding down. Through the silence, only the faint breath leaving his chest was heard. You slowly clenched the blood soaked clothes between your hand, unintentionally letting a whimper escape your lips. You bent down lower and placed your head against his, feeling coldness begin to take over.

"Hey, mommy?"

"Yes dear?"

"What happens when someone dies?"

"Well... that's not easy to explain."

"Then... what happens after death? How long will you be sad?"

"I'm afraid it depends. Sometimes you grieve forever and sometimes you only grieve for a day."

"What if someone I love dies? How long will I be sad?"

"Time can heal all wounds, though I'm afraid that, the only wound time cannot heal is a broken heart."

"What's it feel like?"

"Well... you'll feel this... emptiness inside. Like there's no more happiness in the world. Everything turns black and grey. Sometimes you'll cry and sometimes you'll just silently stare into nothing." Your mother gave you a pointed look. "Why are you so infatuated with death all of a sudden?"

"I heard some people talking about how their loved one was dying and they were thinking about how they'll be able to say goodbye... will I be able to say goodbye, mommy?"

"In some cases yes, in other cases, no."

"Why not?"

"Sometimes we don't get the time we need to say goodbye."

"What do we do then?"

"We can do nothing but say the words we want and hope their spirit is listening to us."

"I don't like death mommy."

"I know sweetie, but it's a part of life. We all die. Even the best of people."

You hugged Levi's body closer to yours, feeling his body becoming colder with each passing second.

"Goddammit, Levi... why...? Why did you have to do this to me? Why couldn't you just stay alive? I've lost so many important things. I refuse to let you be one of them..." You whispered, hugging his body tighter, hoping that your body heat would somehow revive him. Through your own quiet sobs and whimpers, you heard chuckling. You stopped and slowly looked up, and to the side. F/n sat up, the blood from his wound reeling back into his body.

"Wow... I never expected you to slip like that. Usually you're faster than lightning," he said, true amusement in his voice. Your face hardened, tears still slipping down your face. The bleeding stopped due to his heart not beating anymore. "What a pity. Dying for someone who's gone too far to be fixed."

"You're the one who shot him," your voice immediately replied, cracking in the beginning. "You aimed at him and shot. He didn't jump in front of me." Your eyes were sharper than a knife. Your irritation had surpassed anger and was now in livid. F/n smiled.

"Now you know how the families of the people you slaughtered felt."
Your skin was steaming and your eye was cramping badly, yet you refused to give into the pain. The swirls appeared again.

"I did what I believed was right. More than half those people who I killed deserved to be. Levi didn't deserve that," your voice raised and the markings swirled around your skin until it was covering half your face.

"Levi wasn't even that important to you in the beginning. What happened? Did he seduce you well enough to get you to like him?"
Your fists clenched, more steam arising from your body. So much so, you looked like a boiling pot of water beginning to overflow. You closed your eyes because of the absolute hatred and anger you felt towards this man. Who gives a shit if he made you. You were going to kill him. You didn't care how. He killed the person you cared about. The person who you came to love.

"If you're implying that you killed Levi because he and I got off to a rocky start then you're wrong!" Your eyes snapped open, revealing your black eye to have a h/c glowing ring around it. His arm that held the gun exploded in a bloody mess. It took a moment to process, but once it did, F/n screamed in horror, stumbling back and crashing into the wall behind him. You slowly laid Levi down on the floor and stood up, walking towards F/n with a scowl on your face. F/n, realizing his mistake, clawed at the wall in fear before taking off down the hall. The ring in your eye let out a quiet ringing sound that could only be heard by you. F/n's leg, from the knee down, exploded in blood as well, causing him to face plant into the floor. He flipped over onto his back and scooted backwards away from you, absolute terror in his eyes and on his face.

"No-no!! Get away from me! Monster!" He kept yelling. You paid no mind to what he was saying and stopped in front of him.

"I don't care what you say. You killed Levi."

Red.

Ja ne!

   {Ruby Red}