Losing One Of The Family

Dean sighed, as he sat on the roof alone, starring up at the night sky, in only a few short hours what he hoped would be the final battle with his family would begin. The guilt of being the reason for all of this weighed heavy on him, innocent lives and the lives of his loved ones were in danger because of him! He had tried so hard to get his family to leave, disappear and let him fight alone, but they all refused and they had fought him over it. In the end though, Dean had given up and came out here on the roof, where he's been for the last three hours now.

 "Dean?" Roman's soft voice spoke, as he came outside.

 "You should be sleeping, you need all the rest you can get baby boy." Dean said sighing, as Roman sat beside him.

 "I know, but I couldn't sleep without you." Roman replied. "Are you still mad at us?"

 "No, I never was." Dean answered, as he sighed again and ran his hands over his face.

 "You weren't?"

 "No." Dean said, as he took Roman's hand. "I just want to keep all of you safe."

 "Dean, we love you and we're going to be by your side, helping you destroy Vassago!"

 "Ro, this...this isn't some damn book or movie where the good guys always win!" Dean said frustrated, as he let go of his hand. "You could get hurt or die, don't you get that?"

 "There is a way we can become equals with them." Roman said.

 "What?" Dean asked confused, as he looked at him.

 "You...you could, um...turn us all into Vam..." 

 "No!" Dean said angrily, cutting Roman off, as he stood. "That is not happening dammit! I'm not doing that!"

 "Why?" Roman demanded, as he stood too.

  "I won't turn you into a damn monster Roman! After Vassago made me into this, I vowed to never do it to anyone else, no matter what the situation was!" Dean answered upset.

 "Dean, I..."

 "I said no!" Dean yelled, cutting him off again.

 "I'm sorry." Roman said quietly.

 "No, I'm sorry Ro." Dean said gently, as he took him in his arms and held him close, before he kissed the top of his head. "I can't do it Roman, please don't ask me too."

 "Okay." Roman replied, as he held Dean tight.

 "You need to rest now, I can feel how tired you are." 

 "Will you lay with me?"

 "Yeah, come on." Dean said softly, before he kissed him and they went inside.

**Early The Next Morning**:

 Roman sat up in bed from another nightmare, biting his bottom lip, he looked around the room sighing shakily. He was covered in sweat, his hair stuck to his forehead, as he breathed heavily, the nightmare still fresh in his memory. He ran his hands through his hair, as his breathing returned to normal and he noticed Dean wasn't in bed anymore. He figured Dean had gone downstairs or back out onto the roof after he had fallen asleep, he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, as the nightmare he had just had of watching Vassago kill his loved ones stayed with him. He opened his eyes again, pushing the nightmare out of his mind, as he looked out the window and realized it was almost dawn, he quickly got up and got dressed; making sure he had his phone in his back pocket in case he needed it. He had just finished getting dressed, when Paige rushed in, the look on her face made his heart drop, afraid something had happened.