Realizations

**Later**:

 The sun shone brightly in the afternoon sky, as Dean sat in silence by the small pond, while Rose sat beside him making them both flower crowns and talking excitedly about all the animals they had seen on their walk. He let her talk, knowing he'd have to bring up the fight he had had with the others; the one she had overheard. He was in no rush to do it though, not wanting to ruin their special time together. Since all of this shit with his family started and he had found the two young girls; both of whom he loved very much, their lives have been nothing, but non-stop running and fighting for their survival. This was the first time he could remember since meeting her, that she could forget about the war and just be a damn kid! He refused to take that away from her, she had lost enough already, dammit!

 Sitting there in the sunshine, with only the animals around, he had to admit that he had needed this time alone together as much as she did; maybe even more. It gave him time to think about not only what happened between him and the others, but also about his deal with Keeper too. He didn't regret a damn thing about any of it, he had made the deal out of necessity and he had meant everything he had said to his family; he just wished that it all could have happened differently. This was his destiny, he didn't want it and he sure as hell didn't ask for any of this, but it didn't change the fact that it was his.

 "There!" She said smiling proudly, as she finished the crowns. "Here's your crown, Dean." She added holding his out to him.

 "Why, thank you." Dean said smiling, as he took it from her and put it on his head, before he posed. "How do I look?"

 "Silly!" She answered laughing, before he tickled her.

 "That's Prince Silly to you, kid." Dean stated laughing too, as she put her crown on and posed.

 "What about me?"

 "Like a beautiful Princess." Dean answered.

 "Can we take a picture together like this?" She asked smiling.

 "A picture?" Dean repeated, as she nodded happily. "Uh, no, sorry, kid, not happening." He refused smiling, as he shook his head.

 "Please?" She begged, pulling her best puppy dog eyes, Dean tried to resist, but like usual gave in.

 "Fine, one picture!" He agreed smiling, she hugged him happily, before he took his phone out and they posed for the picture; of course, one picture ended up being four, each one different from the others. "So, what do you want to do now, kiddo?" He asked, putting his phone away, still not ready to have the talk.

 "Um...can we look at the clouds?" She replied.

 "Why?" Dean asked confused.

 "Cause you can make shapes out of them, silly." She answered smiling.

 "Shapes? Out of clouds?" Dean questioned even more confused.

 "Yep!" She answered. "Haven't you ever done that before?"

 "Nope."

 "I'll show you, it's easy and super fun."

 "Alright, how do we do it?"

 "Well, first, we lay down on our backs." She instructed.

 Dean lay down on his back in the grass sighing, he put one arm under his head and Rose did the same, he turned to look at her smiling and spoke.