Epilogue:

EPILOGUE:

"Twilight again," Edward mused, from where he was sitting on my bed, looking out the window, "the end of another day."

"Stop being so glum," I tell him, before promptly disregarding my own advice, and sighing, my mouth turning down. "Time to try tuning into Potterwatch then."

I'd been home for a just under week now, after having to spend an awful three days in hospital. I'd actually found myself missing the Hospital Wing and Madam Pomphrey with her foul potions and her bedside manner, because there at least, you never had to stay for long- she'd be able to fix you up in a jiffy.

After returning home, I'd then had the dubious pleasure of having to explain my life story (from age eleven onwards) to Edward's curious family, a situation that was both embarrassing and uncomfortable, as well as being highly depressing.

On the plus side, it was only three itty-bitty days until my birthday. Until I was seventeen. Until I could finally use magic again.

Edward had... taken everything in with a stoicism that surprised me. I think all the time he spent in hospital, looking down at my unconscious, broken body put him in a much more forgiving mood then he could have been, plus there was all the self-loathing and guilt and self-blaming, etc., that he felt for being responsible for putting me there- something I tried to convince him wasn't true but, as it turns out, he can be just as stubborn as I am.

"Why do you do it?" Edward asks, frowning at the radio as I pick it up off the desk and flop down on the bed beside him. "It makes you miserable."

"It... it makes me feel like I'm still doing something," I tell him, trying to find the words to explain, "it makes me feel like I'm still part of that world. My world. Like I haven't just abandoned it. And... I need to know what's happening, Edward. Britain's my home- Hogwarts is my home. These people, they're my people Edward."

"Then let's do it together." He says, smiling softly at me.

"Together." I smile softly, leaning back into him. I twist the dials, randomly, listening to Edward hum and guessing random words until I find Potterwatch (the password this time was Marauder). "Here it is!" I say, sitting bolt upright.

"Greetings to all of our listeners. We start today's broadcast with some sad news. We regret to inform you that the remains of the Creevey family have been discovered. Mr. Robert and Mrs. Elaine Creevey, along with their six-year-old daughter Norma, were all brutally murdered, and both Creevey boys have disappeared from Hogwarts, presumed to be either in Azkaban or awaiting trial for being muggleborns at the Ministry."

"And, has the Wizarding Wireless Network News reported any of this? No."

"More like the Wizarding Wireless "No News" Network."

"Sadly, these aren't the only deaths that the News Network andDaily Prophet didn't think important enough to mention. It is with great regret that we inform our listeners of the murders of Alexander and Sara White, two muggleborns who were on the run, before they were located and killed by Snatchers. Also feared dead is Luna Lovegood, who was taken from the Hogwarts Express by Death Eaters on her return to school after the break..."

He said more after that, but that was all I heard, for the sounds of loud keening had drowned out the radio. It took me a few moments to realize that the sound was coming from me.

"NO!" I choked, hitting the off-dial as hard as I could, not able to listen anymore. "No, no, no!" My body was trembling violently, and horrified sounds were being dragged unwillingly from my lungs.

Also, feared dead, is Luna Lovegood.

Luna.

Luna had been taken.

Death Eaters had Luna.

Luna might be...

Dead.