Chapter 5

Lauren's POV

"How was work?" I asked Ashley the second she stepped into our apartment.

"Same old shit," she grunted, falling down next to me on the couch. I chuckled, watching her look like she was aching from a long day. "What are you laughing for? Some of us have to actually work for a living," she glared, catching me off guard.

"Excuse me," I scoffed with wide eyes. "I do work for a living. I'm with three kids 65 hours a week."

"Sixty five hours a week but you get paid over 150 per hour. It takes me months to make what you're making," she rolled her eyes.

"Come work for Camila then. It's definitely worth it. Besides, you loved me when I got you that Tesla," I cackled pointedly, reminding her that with Camila's help, I got her a brand new Tesla Model X.

"Okay, true," she nodded, giving me a side hug.

I'd been a nanny for the Cabellos for just over a month now, making $10,000 a week and feeling absolutely incredible. With my income, I've been able to buy so many things and make an amazing living. I bought Ashley a car, put a down payment on a new apartment for us in Manhattan, pay off student loans at a better rate, and of course get myself some fresh designer threads. The Rolex was also a treat.

But the best thing that's happened since I met my beautiful Camila was that Ashley and I officially got signed to Republic Records! The deed was finalized just yesterday and it felt like a dream come true. We met with label executives after we recorded demos and talked about everything from getting us great promo deals to making albums. But the processes would not happen right away hence we were still working our day jobs and it already took a long time to just sign the contract. Though, with hard work and determination, Ashley and I believed we could make it big. We were also working things out with a new manager that Camila got for the both of us. His name was Mickey and he was supposedly one of the best.

"Wait, where are the kids now? It's only five thirty," she looked down at her watch.

"Swimming lessons. They're at the Y down the street and then I'm taking them to Camila's office," I explained as she kicked off her nurse shoes and opened a bag of Hot Cheetos.

"Not home?" she frowned.

"I offered to take them home and you know, feed them and help with homework as usual but she wanted to take them out for dinner," I shrugged.

"Aw, the whole fam including you?" she smirked.

"I don't know if I'm invited but I know for sure that the deadbeat isn't. I think he's in London right now anyway," I huffed, always growing irritated whenever that scumbag entered my mind.

"I could never do what you're doing, man. Dating someone who's married. Being someone's mistress," she shook her head. "How does that even feel? I mean, does it feel like a real relationship?"

I furrowed my eyebrows defensively, "It feels real. We do everything that a normal couple does but... just secretly."

"Listen, Lo," she sighed, sitting up and getting serious. "I know you like Camila. You like her a lot and probably even love her."

"Probably, yeah. Well, pretty much," I couldn't hold back from blushing.

"But I don't want to see you get hurt by this. Camila's giving you a lot... money, material things, record deals, and sex-"

"We haven't gone all the way yet," I corrected.

"Okay, sexual activities," she rolled her eyes. "But please be careful with this."