Chapter 31

A/N: Y'ALL AREN'T READY FOR THIS. HOLD ONTO YOUR WEAVES!!

Lauren's POV

I was the only one sober tonight. Obviously. But it was fun watching all of my friends get so wasted. Even Ally was pretty wild. I wanted my bachelorette party to be like this. Care free, all inclusive, and no worries. Just fun.

We were in Miami at an Airbnb mansion for the weekend, doing nothing but partying before the wedding in a couple of days. Demi was doing her own thing with her friends while mine were going hard as usual. I mean, I could still party sober.

"You okay, DJ?" I chuckled, helping her walk through the room as "No Limit" blasted through the speakers (Ashley and Gerald's request).

"So good. Damn, you know how to throw a party," she complimented when we landed in the kitchen that was little more quieter.

"I try," I giggled, looking down at my Sprite in hand.

"Are you having fun though?" she frowned, rubbing my arm.

"Yeah, of course," I smiled with a nod.

"...So, you think Camila can come over? She's in Miami," she mentioned.

"She's really here?" I was taken aback and surprised.

"Seriously? You know she wouldn't miss your wedding, Lo," she rolled her eyes, laughing.

"Well..." It wasn't like Camila and I weren't talking anymore or had any sort of beef. We still talked quite a bit. But ever since I proposed to Demi almost two months ago, there was obvious awkward tension between us. It especially sucked when I'd pick Sofi up from her house or she'd dropped her off. Whenever we saw each other it was just weird.

"Come on. Nick's with her so he can watch the kids," she took out her phone and began ringing her.

"If you want," I shrugged, quickly stepping away and back into the party.

Camila was coming to my bachelorette party. That alone made me want to drink, but I absolutely wouldn't. I hadn't a sip of alcohol in practically a year. My one year of staying sober was actually in two weeks which made me immensely proud. Couldn't ruin that now. Not even by the fact that the former love of my life will show up tonight to mess with my head even more.

"Lauren, do you know how proud I am of you?" Ashley held me by the cheeks with the brightest grin and faded eyes.

"How proud?" I played along jocularly.

"Super proud, baby. Come here," she wrapped her arms around me to pull me into her.

"Ash, you're drunk," I chuckled, rubbing her back.

"I wanna make this moment last before you're hitched," she laughed before kissing my cheek. "You're gonna make a wonderful wife. Demi's so lucky to have someone like you," she smiled wholeheartedly.

"Thank you, beautiful," my heart melted at the sweet compliment.

Over the past couple of months, I felt more confident and sure about getting married. At first, I had to admit that it wasn't so clear. But being engaged changed that. It made us even more open, helping our relationship flourish into something so strong. And now more than ever was I ready to marry Miss Demi Lovato. Soon to be Demi Lovato Jauregui. God, that itself made my heart explode.

Until Camila came into frame.

She was walking alone by the outside pool, of course wearing one of her most stunning pieces from her latest collection. Anything she wore was gorgeous. However, here tonight, she was truly breathtaking.